- File Size: 166 KB
- Print Length: 21 pages
- Publisher: December House (July 3, 2012)
- Publication Date: July 3, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008O3IUAC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,271,493 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The House on Mill Street Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
When I first saw the blurb I was excited at the potential, but honestly I've read, and seen, a million books or movies with the same premise.
What a great surprise though. This short story was awesome. The author did a superb job. She grabbed my attention from the beginning, and didn't let go until I was done. I actually went back through parts again, because I enjoyed it so much. Even later when I was telling my wife about the story, I got goosebumps.
In other words, job well done Ms. Smethurst-McIntyre. She used a descriptive style to set up little booby traps, and when they went off they were a good surprise. This was one of those stories that caught me off guard with the content, in a good way.
If you've read any of my other reviews, and you better have, then you know I like my reviews short and sweet.
Bottom line, 'The House on Mill Street' gets 4.5 stars, and a full recommendation from me.
"The House on Mill Street" is a haunting short story. We are told of Miles, the new owner of the house and his preparations for his best girl's visit. This is interspersed with snapshots of the house's dark history of suspicious deaths and whispered voices from the attic. You think Miles is a kind of normal guy until you realize his true intentions and then you realize he fits right in to the house. "The House on Mill Street" is creepy and chilling...don't read it late at night!
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors