- File Size: 901 KB
- Print Length: 266 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: White Star Press; 1 edition (January 12, 2016)
- Publication Date: January 12, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01AKQK0IA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#4,356 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #40 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- #42 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Contemporary
- #119 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
|Digital List Price:||$3.99|
|Print List Price:||$14.95|
Save $14.95 (100%)
House Without Lies (Lily's House Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
That said, I enjoyed it the first time around, but it's not one I'd pick up again. I think the issue is that the book wasn't much of a drama or a romance. The romance is mostly insta-love with only one minor hiccup that is resolved quickly. I do love the hero and heroine, but the romance wasn't the focus of the story. But the drama side of it wasn't super dramatic, either. The abused girls and runaways weren't really struggling emotionally, and all their issues were resolved fairly easily.
Thinking about it now, it really reminds me of an after school special. Something on a juvenile / middle grade emotional level, but written for adults. Not that I'm saying that the world needs to be falling apart for the story to be good, just that it has some deep subject matter that was treated in a very glossed over manner. So, if you're interested in a book that's on that level, this is a good fit for you. It was entertaining, just a little too fluffy for the subject matter.
That said, it’s a sweet story between two young people trying to make a difference for hurting children, and I looked forward to picking it up again every time I had to put it down.
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational