Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on January 24, 2012
Janet Evanovich need not worry--Kat is no competition to Stephanie Plum. As the grandmother of an autistic young man, I am sympathetic to the author as mother, but as reader, I don't need to be hit over the head in what was supposed to be a romantic mystery by the plight of parents of autistic kids. I get it, & the other readers would probably have gotten it without 90% of the details of daily care of autistic kids.

This author, with time, & more experience in this particular genre, could probably write a decent series. However, she cut off her story by wrapping it up in pink ribbons, so she would have to develop a different protagonist (hopefully, one w/out the propensity to barf so much), one who is both feisty & sustainable. The attempts at humor were heavy handed, & I hope in the future the humor will flow more naturally. I also hope future heroines will display some attributes that could reasonably appeal to future love interests.

I hate to complain so much since this book was a free offer, but I am still unhappy that I spent so much time slogging through bodily functions. I'd be willing to give this author another try, except she has enough writing experience so that this should have been a more polished effort (there were a few typos, but I'm talking about the writing, not the typing).
on December 10, 2014
It was not the best book I have read but it was good to read if you are going some where