Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 139 reviews
on April 28, 2016
It has great insight and different strategies to move on with your life in a healthy way. I held on to relationships even when they were killing my spirit only to feel loved, in which I wasn't and this opens the ideas of why that is. My parents weren't abusive, never hit me, nor call me names, but they surely never showed me what real healthy relationship is. They had major issues within themselves and together and I'm trying to find the puzzle pieces together so I can heal.
on January 12, 2015
If you need to get out of a relationship this is the book for you. If you've tried and you are bored with your own conversations about why you are in it... if your friends are bored with all your reasons that you stay and all the problems in your relationship, if you feel a little crazy because you stay in something that you are just miserable in ... then either get out of this relationship, stay in it or buy this book. At least if you buy this book you are taking a step and you are not spinning around in your own mind and crying with frustration and blaming someone else for your own choices. Highly recommended.
on April 21, 2014
If you are searching to understand the nuts and bolts that motivate us in our current relationships, this is an excellent book to start you on that journey. It can definately help you take an in depth look at the relationship we had with our parents from the very beginning. It is approached from a very kind place as well....our folks did the best that they could with what they knew at the time. Once guided to a place of understanding of what we learned as young ones in relationship interactions, we can then use the tools outlined in the book to find what works for us in our current relationships and what doesnt. Dr. Halperns knowledge and approach is done in such a way that it can reach the lay person...basically, you dont have to have a psychology degree to hear and understand what he is talking about. His large pool of actual patient experiences helped me to better relate to the material on addcitive relationships and how very hard they are to let go of. I also see how this book can be helpful and useful to anyone who searches to understand how our relationship with our folks early on, shaped our future relationships and interactions with significant others and friends. A timeless book. So sad that I learned that he had passed away. I ordered two of his other books to continue the journey and help furthur utilize what I learned in this one. Great reference tools that I know will be useful to refer back to time and again....great work and well done!
on December 21, 2015
I really helped me get over my love addiction. It explains you what's wrong with you in a way that doesn't make it seem like it's your fault, but it still tells you that you have the power to fix it. I'm now 6 months "sober" from the former object of my obsession.
on July 18, 2016
This book offered very helpful insights and reminders about the influence of subconcious influences in our intimate relationships. It's very Freudian but helpful none the less, at least as a reminder of where to look within for answers. It didn't really help me abandon my relationship but it has helped me put my difficulty into a healthier framework and bring some compassion to myself on the matter.
on March 2, 2016
Great book. If you're reading the reviews, you know you're in a mess. Buy the book. Read passages to remind yourself you deserve better.
on May 15, 2011
Absolutely fantastic book. I have been in a toxic relationship for almost four years now. Even though my head clearly tells me that I should get out of this relationship, the fear and anxiety I experience upon trying to actually break it off prevent me from getting anywhere. Within the first chapter of this book I was able to label my relationship as an addictive one, see the deep childhood root causes for this kind of relationship pattern, and perhaps most importantly, get rid of my feelings of guilt and shame at feeling weakly trapped in a relationship which I know is not healthy.

I highly recommend this book.
on October 29, 2012
This book is a must read for anyone that has struggled with love addiction and wants to change their ways. It revealed so many things about my way of thinking and hit home personally, causing me to re-evaluate the way I have been looking at love. I highly recommend this book to anyone who knows or suspects that they might be a love addict, because it will give you a whole new perspective on love & life. You do have to be willing to hear what the book is telling you, and yes, some of it is hard to swallow, but if you really give it a chance and think it over, it does make perfect sense.
on August 27, 2010
Buy this book if you feel you could have been part of an addictive relationship. I did not know it. I suspected that my bond to this person was unhealthy and I wondered why I could not heal long after the breakup. I felt something was wrong with me. I wanted to learn from this experience to not make the same mistake again. I found this book and it changed my life. It answered all my questions, helped me to understand the why's and gave me the tools for selfdiscovery.
I am happy with my present and glad this is behind me.
This book will become your psychologist . This book will changed you life and help you to open your heart to a healthy loving relationship.
on October 13, 2007
How to Break Your Addiction to a Person: When and Why Love Doesn't Work, and What to Do About It

After reading this book, I have my 1st major turning point after my breakup since 4 months ago. I am not able to cut off my communication with my ex and emotion is like a roller coaster. I realised I am addicted to him and not able to break through. When I searched for help via the web, I found this book. I never thought this will help me so much. I have read a few other books to help me through this griefing period, but this is the one that help me to breakthrough. I recommended to all who are suffering from the breakup and not able to move on.