Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on January 14, 2017
this story of a women who ignored her love of singing is wonderful. The way she describes the way back to choral singing is matching my experience . It is challenging,, exhilarating and a wonderful journey.
on February 16, 2013
Full disclosure: I also sing in a large chorus and I've sung many of the same pieces the author has. I've also been to many of the same cities she mentions and experienced many of the same sorts of rehearsal/performance woes and triumphs. I found this book to be very true-to-life. There aren't a lot of books out there that celebrate volunteers and all the work they put in for joy alone--kudos to the author for chronicling the journey. Her philosophical bits on life ran a little long for me but showed her enthusiasm, so overall, I give it high marks.
on October 21, 2013
Readers ranging from the amateur chorister to the paid professional will find that this book "rings true" and celebrates the choral singing experience. A delightful read and an excellent gift for any choir member, reading it provides a truly joyous occasion.
on July 15, 2015
Joan Oliver Goldsmith writes beautifully, insightfully and intimately. I bought an extra to have as a lending copy.
on September 10, 2001
I sing in the Minnesota Chorale with Joan, and she read part of her book to us tonight. To hear her speak with that much passion was an inspiration to us all - there were tears and thunderous applause. I just bought the book and so can't truly speak for the contents - but I can speak plenty about the woman who wrote the book, and that is recommendation in itself. I can't wait to get reading!
on September 6, 2012
I bought this book to give to our choir director as a going away gift. I didn't read it, but he did, and he thought it was a great addition to his library.
on February 18, 2015