Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(4 star). See all 51 reviews
on September 1, 2013
This is a good book for basic animation. Although it does not show any Actionscript 3.0 it does show you what it claims, some of the tricks to cheat with Flash making animation just a little bit funner than you might have thought previously. I liked the layout with nice photo's and some of the art design is simple yet engaging. I liked the part about Jib Jab animation, and the 2.5 tricks were neet too. The book is well written and a light read. It doesn't lay a bunch of jargon on you about menu's and technicle stuff, but it kept me reading to learn the secrets of simple animation. There are quite a few tricks up this guys sleeve. If your looking for a technicle book on animation try making things move, which give some physics and trig. If you just want to jump into Flash right away then this book is highly recomended.
on June 13, 2008
On the positive side the author is a excellent artist & animator. You will be able to see how high quality animation is put together in Flash. But I agree don't get this book - at least by it self - if you are a complete nube, it doesn't cover the foundation basics. Also it is rather weak on scripting, the author had to go to the bullpen and get a second author to cover the subject, the book only gives the subject the briefest coverage, plus I have found problems - files missing - that are needed to complete the lessons.
33 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 6, 2007
I love this book. I bought it mainly because I loved the style of art on the author's website [...] and I was glad to see the book is full of the same clean, shape-based illustrations. The author discusses how to draw using Flash's (which is also a very popular drawing tool, as well as a 2d animation tool) Select tool, the Brush, the Pen and also how to construct characters using basic shapes like rectangles and ovals.

The tips are organized well, one per 1-2 pages, and the book seems to flow logically from beginning to end. I feel I got a lot out of it.

It's not really an art book, but I would characterize it as one more than I would call it a Flash animation book. If you're looking for in-depth coverage, this is not the book for you, but if you're looking for ways to take your Flash drawings and animations to the next level, this is the best book for that I've ever seen.
on January 14, 2016
Good and fast shipping!
on May 31, 2009
I love it. I'm having fun and learning too. very cool.

cheers!!!!!
on March 19, 2010
this matched with a few video tutorials online will help almost anybody interested in flash, however a little previous knowledge is needed.
on November 6, 2007
This book works well showing basic shortcuts for the newbie with flash. Some interesting insights for professional flash users but those are also available in the trade magazines much more cheaply. Still a fun book though.
on April 14, 2009
I'm enjoying the book so far. I wish it had more action script examples and more flash website tricks. It seems mostly focused on animation.
on September 20, 2007
Really get you going on exactly what you need to get started! Hands on examples that get you started on real world tasks.