Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Russell Dickerson Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 16, 2008
This book wasn't for me. It wasn't bad though, it gave some interesting advice and some good advice.

For me I'm a mid-20s girl and I'm just looking for someone I can get along with and maybe grow old with, have a white fenced house and a couple of kids sort of thing.

This book is for girls that want to get the "catch" the rich guy or something like that. This is the book that tries to tell you how to play the game, so they guy will want you more and want to marry you. I mean this is all well and good, but I don't want a "rich" guy. It will be nice I must admit but not something I'm really looking for.

If you want to be a stay at home mother or wife and cater to your "rich" husband, than this might be the book for you.

If you have run out of relationship books to read and want another point of view, this might be the book for you.

If you haven't read that many relationship books, then there are other good ones out there, this shouldn't be your first relationship book, is all I'm saying.
on May 4, 2013
The book is written for women in their 30. It's for younger women, cause I am in my fifties.
I don't think Janises advices would apply to me.
on January 26, 2013
Janis Spindel is one of those woman who clearly hates women. She is a total sham. Don't waste your money on this garbage.
on September 19, 2007
Well, all I can say is Janis has hit another home run with this book - no wonder it is a bestseller in the relationship category already! Janis' wise, funny, honest, and down to earth advice will be heaven to anyone who is panicked when the doorbell rings and "Mr. First Date" is on the other side. Moreover, Janis takes you by the hand and leads you right through the first date and down the aisle...this book should go directly into your Fendi Fanny Pack and STAY THERE until you have met and married Mr. Right!
on January 13, 2008
I don't happen to agree with her advice that it's okay for a woman to ask men out on dates. She claims this will make you seem confident to men. I disagree. I think it makes a woman seem desperate instead, and it takes away the "thrill of the chase" for the man. A truly desirable woman doesn't need to ask men out. She's too busy getting pursued by them.

The author also says that if a man has your phone number but doesn't call you again after a date, then you should call him. WRONG. If he doesn't call you again, it's because he wasn't that into you, and you should take the HINT and move on. By calling him, it just sets you up for further rejection. Who needs that?
on October 29, 2007
Not impressed with this book at all- its didnt give me an new information! Very disappointed in the purchase!