Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 15, 2017
Good starter book for someone trying to learn figure drawing also excellent for references
on January 28, 2017
helpful for beginners
on February 24, 2014
although I did not finish studying the book, I find the diagrams very clear and informative. It's explanations are easy to understand. There is a comprehensive wealth of information in simple and direct explanations.
on May 20, 2012
the book was good but a little to technical for my taste. I didn.t need to know the inner makings of the brain , veins and muscles of the head . There was no short cuts for a quick draw. It was informative but not suitable for what I was looking for.
on February 9, 2014
I am using this book for figure drawing class. It's a great book with easy to understand instructions. Great images!!!!
on March 16, 2014
Excellent book to learn how to draw the human head. I am just learning to draw and it has been very helpful to me.
on June 7, 2015
on February 21, 2015
I am well pleased
on December 30, 2008
I'm not sure where I got this book to tell you the truth. It's a second edition from 1979 and says it's from a high school library in Pleasanton, CA. But regardless, I've been using this book since I first found when I was a kid. Back then, I had a working knowledge of how to draw, but the idea of constructing a face through the underlying structure is what I learned from this book. I almost lost it once and I was so sad. I wanted to find it again, but had no idea what it was called, nor did I remember the author. I'm so glad I found it again. Anyway,keep in mind, if you DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRAW, THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR YOU. This book shows the bone and muscle structure of a human face. Although, what always set this apart from a typical anatomy book is the fact that it's done in pencil. For some reason, I found it far easier to comprehend when seeing the strokes than I did just looking at a face by itself. It helped me to develop my skills in shading and blending to create a more realistic face. It definitely was among my favorite books as a child, and now that I've found it again, I still love to flip through it! :)
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on April 3, 2000
This is the best book I've seen that teaches how to draw human heads accurately without going overboard on the anatomical information.
I've taken college-level figure drawing classes, and when it came time to draw the head, I've been virtually clueless! This book eliminates that feeling. It's easy to get the misconception that drawing heads is a piece of cake; without the information about what lies underneath the skin, understanding how to capture an expression can be a chore. Louise Gordon obviously knows what she's talking about and is thoughtful enough to include tips on shading, contouring, proportion and perspective once students have mastered the basics.
27 helpful votes