Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How to Draw Pokemon
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 8, 2011
I bought this 'scholastic" book. my daughter loves to draw and has talent at drawing. AND she loves pokemon! the book is thin, more like a magazine! 32 pages. THEY are 18 pokemon in it that u can learn to draw. AND also, if you would like, it kind of doubles as a coloring book. the way they are drawn in the book, u could also color them...because the paper is like coloring book paper in it the book also. i hope this helps
1. iggly buff
15.lugia
16.entel
17. ash and pikachu
18. Ash's team
0Comment| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2004
If your kid loves pokemon, you won't be disappointed. My two boys, ages 5 & 8 love this book. I think the other reviews were too critical and maybe they didn't try hard enough. They have had it since Christmas '03 and they still use it. It is the only book they keep handy in their desk drawer and not on the bookshelf.
on January 30, 2006
I beleive that the other reviews were written by furious begginer artists whom had tried a few times and were uspset with their results. It takes time to learn how to draw and drawing simple shapes such s circles is not as easy as it is made out to be! I don't think this book could be made any simpler and is perfect for the begginer.

Note: I noticed that other reviews stated: I got better results when I traced the pictures. Well of course you did! No matter how simple the book was, the artists would have been drawing for years and five hours of drawing is nothing compared to that.
on January 9, 2007
My daughter, age 7, is an avid Pokemon fan and loves to draw. This book has been lots of fun for her even though I think some of the drawings are hard to do. However, she is a much better drawer than her Mom and does not express any frusturation while following the directions. I think the book could have provided more step by step instructions but if your child has some talent drawing, they should have fun with it.
on November 26, 2014
We bought this for my six year old because, apparently, we don't have enough Pokemon crap lying around the house. Is the book helpful? His hand drawn Pokemon all look like they have radiation sickness and birth defects but, I guess, since we can now identify his drawings as Pokemon (albeit horribly disfigured), the book is helping.
on May 12, 2007
The step by step instructions is so easy anyone can do it once you practice with it. Once you get the hang of it you will be drawing Pokemon like a pro. This is a really good way to learn to draw some of your favorite Pokemon. I give it an A+++.
on May 21, 2016
This book only has about 10 characters, and it's not instructional at all. It's like here, draw this crazy shape, then add wings, and there you go, you just drew Charizard! My daughter loves Pokemon and loves to draw, so I figured this would fit like shoes and socks. WRONG. I am not the guy who calls the manager if my food is a little cold, but I couldn't help but write a bad review about this astronomical waste of money. I am sitting her trying to figure out how and/or why over 300 people reviewed this product and it received 4 1/2 stars. Mind. Blown.
on December 29, 2015
Great little book for a rainy day! If you want to get your kid away from their tablet or tv for a whole, this is s great way to get them doing something creative. Bought this for my twin boys (age 8) as a Cjhristmas present, along with the essential handbook & both were a big hit!
review image
on June 3, 2015
I bought this for my 5 1/2 year old son who's a huge pokemon fan and wanted to learn to draw his favorite pokemon. The book has a good variety of characters, but I think I would definitely recommend it for older children. It is too difficult for my son to draw them on his own using this book- the drawings aren't broken down into enough steps for a young child. I've bought other "how to draw" books before that are more geared toward younger kids and he was able to use those on his own. However, I would still probably purchase this book again because it was inexpensive and I can use it to "help" him draw the pokemon.

Edited 6/9/15- after using this book with my son for a week or two, I noticed that even though he can't draw the pokemon on his own, he can use it to trace the outline of the pokemon shapes so he can color them in, and he loves it. I would have increased my rating to 4 stars, but I'm sticking with 3 stars because the book doesn't show the finished pokemon in color, so we have to look up what colors they are (my son knows most of them, but we have the "essential handbook" to look up any he's uncertain of).
on June 28, 2013
The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that it's a fairly limited book (more like a thin booklet I can't remember maybe 50 pages at best) and the paper used is not high quality. It would easily be damaged by a kid who was not careful with it. Granted for the price, it's worth getting if you have a Pokemon lover in the house. We bought it as a gift and now my son wants one of his own.