Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How to Do Everything iCloud
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on January 25, 2012
This book is well written and ideal for anyone who wants to get the most out of using Apple iCloud with a Mac, iPad and/or iPhone. It explains how to use all aspects of the service in an easy to understand and follow way.
on July 17, 2012
The term "cloud" confuses lots of folks. Even if you know what the cloud is, how it works and why you would want to use it (and that's a stretch),the concept of the cloud and how it came to be may still remain a mystery. You may also wonder where your data goes, if it's safe, who's in charge of it, if you can access it when you aren't online, and what kinds of data you should store there. There is certainly enough material to cover to fill a book!

If you have an iDevice and are unsure about how to use iCloud, then this book is for you. I highly suggest it. It's easy to read, is written in "real language" that is easy to understand, and the topics are separated so that you can digest what you need to know in small bites. I enjoyed it.
on March 24, 2012
iCloud is a bit more complicated than apple makes it out to be. "It just doesn't work until you set it up". The iCloud book for me is essential to taking full advantage of all the cloud offers.
This is a good, basic introduction to the iCloud. The coverage of topics is excellent, discussing how to back up your productivity apps (iPhone contacts, Calendar, Notes, etc.), your iTunes music, book and magazine purchases, games, files, etc. to the cloud. Some things require a bit more setup and configuration than others which gets covered in detail. Also, some things will work over your 3G phone connections and wi-fi while others require wi-fi, and it's nice to know the difference. Topics such as migrating from Mobile.me which will be phased out soon are also helpful and are discussed. I would have preferred a bit more technical detail on how Cloud storage is implemented (I assume it is SANs based or something similar) but then that isn't the audience the book is intended for. It's still a good book for the average user and has lots of good info and tips on setup and configuring your iCloud to do exactly what you want.
on May 26, 2012
The "How to do Everything iCloud" eBook has been just what I needed to manage my many devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air). It is easy to use.
on February 1, 2014
I guess the easiest way to tell you about this book is to say that when I have a question about iCloud I have always been able to find the answer within it. I am not saying that my difficulties have been complex, but this has been a good resource for me.
on April 13, 2013
In spite of 2012 publication date, the lack of information pertaining to Mountain Lion makes it not worth getting, but an update would be very useful. An attempt to follow the procedure on page 24 for manual file sharing between my iMac and Macbook Pro by drag and drop failed completely with an Excel file. Did not realize later by reading further in book that the feature only works with Apple applications in iWork like Numbers and Pages. So must use AirDrop for Excel files from my iMac to MacBook Pro. iCloud not user friendly for Microsoft applications.
on May 12, 2013
Jason Rich is a skilled writer who knows his subject rigorously.
He knows the mind of the inquirerer as well and lays out his presentation logically.
on March 19, 2013
This is my reference to any problems I might have regarding iCloud. Any time I have an issue with iCloud I go to this book.
on October 4, 2013
The book tells you everything that Icloud can do - but not how to do it. I certainly wasted my money on this one