Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on August 10, 2011
I am gonna start out by saying "The special edition is the only way to go on this", if you dont, you are missing out. Why only 4 stars? Well, is this their best effort? Maybe. Is it my favorite? No. Trouble Is is my favorite, but How I Go is close to being up there. The last song on the Special Edition Track 17: Baby The Rain Must Fall is definately one of my favorite KWS songs now. As a whole this is a great and strong release and is showing KWS and Noah maturing together. And lets not forget the rhythym section here, Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon. They knock it out of the park. I see a few people kind of ripping on KWS vocals on a couple songs he does, Cold and Who's Gonna Catch You Now. I think they are great. It changes up the texture of the whole album and Noah brings in his strong vocals on the chorus of these two songs. Actually I could see Who's Gonna Catch You Now being a hit single off of this. It has an Uncle Kracker kind of vibe to it. Showing a more pop side to it. This is a geat album. I found a few too many slow songs for my taste. I like the more rockier, edgier blues. Slow Ride and Kings Highway and such. Needles to say, Awsome and this will be getting played out in the truck for awhile. Rock on KWS and Noah Hunt.
2 people found this helpful
on August 3, 2011
Just a quick review after a few listens. Kenny Wayne gets back to what really butters his bread -- guitar shredding on blues-rock songs with Noah Hunt signing. If you liked his first three albums, you'll love this one. I only wish we didn't have to wait so long between these kinds of albums.
9 people found this helpful
on April 22, 2018
Nice!
on April 12, 2013
I can listen to the whole album if I leave it play. I find its getting harder and harder to enjoy an entire album. These days there is usually 1 good song and the rest is junk. I like most of Kenny Wayne Shepherd's albums in their entirety. If you are a fan then you really cant go wrong. Trouble is....is my favorite album of his to date though.
on September 14, 2011
I'm not sure what to add that hasn't been said in the other reviews other than it's the best album he's released in a decade and he was excellent on tour when I saw them live. There's something on this one for everybody, with a very diverse set of songs that should satisfy both the top 40 listeners, blues fans and hard rock fans. I think the blues numbers are some of the best he's done period, and every time i play it I enjoy it more and more. Hope this is the next of many great releases. Noah's voice is dynamic and strong, and Kenny plays with fire and passion throughout the album. Well worth the price IMHO.
on September 13, 2011
After buying hundreds of albums with two, or maybe, at best, three cuts worth re-listening to, it was very exciting to get a new album where every cut on the album was worth hearing again. Sure, there are only a couple cuts I could put on my iPod and listen to daily, but on this album, every cut was worth listening to again. I haven't bought an album for years I could say that about. Of course, I AM a rocker, and I dig the blues, and I love Kenny Wayne Shepherd. This is a great album.
on October 25, 2011
i like kenny wayne just fine but I'm not a "fanboy" of his stuff.....but this album may turn me into a "fanboy".....this is the best blues/blues rock album I have heard in years.....it is truly epic......fantastic playing, great songs and songwriting and the performances of the vocals are nearly flawless.....the overall production allows the album to just jump out of the speakers into your ears.....and oh by the way.......incredible guitar tones as well.....do yourself a favor and pick this cd up.....if you like blues rock you will love this album!!!!
on October 28, 2011
I love everything Kenny Wayne Shepherd does. I have all his music. This Cd is a little more rock sounding than his first 3 albums. This is closer sounding to "The place your in" album. Except this is even better. It's worth it to get the Special Edition as well. The 3 Bonus songs are excellent. The last song "Baby the rain must fall" is one of the best on the album. It's an acoustic Blue on Black sounding song. I'd point out some more specifics, but I like all the tracks. Get the "Special Edition".
on September 18, 2014
Kenny Wayne is my favorite! He's so humble, he's too humble for his own good! He should be playing headliners, not being the warm up band! He'll make you dance without having to stand up - seriously. This guy is already one of the blues/rock greats!!
on February 27, 2018