Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on February 9, 2016
Ewan Chia has no doubt made an enviable fortune online and in his book How I Made My First Million on the Internet and How You Can Too, he tells an inspirational story of how he secured his success. The book also offers an introduction to internet marketing, a description of the prerequisite tools, techniques for determining a niche market and generating the right traffic.
If you are a complete newbie and you do not know how to create a website, then this book will certainly be of use to you.
If you are already experience probably it is too basic for you.

Easy read! Very interesting and comprehensive! Recommended!
on April 17, 2014
I really loved the book for these reasons: It is the first time that it is so clear, step by step how you can work as an affiliate, what you should do, first, second etc, what tools you should use, what to do and what to avoid. I have been buying a lot of programs on how to do affiliate marketing the right way, and actually really expencive ones, and I could not start, always something was missing. After reading this really great book, everything became clear to me, and I immediately started my affiliate career. I have read the book very recently, so my numbers of earnings are not great, but I know what I need to do and how. After all, this book does guarantee that will show you how to earn from internet, but not how fast. This is not a creazy "fast track - 9 days millionaire" or whatever book, it is science and system. and it takes time. But this time spent on it is really worthy. I strongly advise it for all of you who might still feel puzzled on "how on earth all these affiliates make money?"
on July 3, 2013
Let me start off by saying if you're looking for a step-by-step blueprint to be successful with online marketing, then this is what you are looking for.

His story is very inspirational and he has created a successful online marketing business from nothing.

What Ewen teaches is what he does everyday. The book talks about "mindset," which is very important.

This book will have your mind coming up with new ideas and possibilities.

I liked the Blogging for Marketing it is a fun and creative way to getting your web site and products out there in front of the masses.

To be a successful marketer you do need to spend money. If initial start up costs are not an issue, you can do quite well. If you are on a limited budget, success will be much slower. However, this is true in any start up business online or offline.

The reason I gave this book a 4 out of 5 is you will still want to continue your education, as Ewen suggests, like social media marketing, blogging, email marketing and building your list (the most important asset you can build in your business).

This book is worth the information you get in return. It is worth the read.
on September 11, 2010
I read Ewen's book, it's great....really insightful and really opened by eyes into the world of affiliate marketing...I have been applying some of Ewen's ideas and suggestions; so far, i have been getting positive results.

His book covers everything from: (list of the chapters covered in How i Made my First Million):

1) His personal life story and how he became a super affiliate and product creator.
2) The Fab Five : (as per Ewen) : every successful marketing system comes down to five components: market+offer+traffic+backend+duplication
3) Tools of the Trade: Website Creation with your domain, autoresponder, link tracking and link cloaking

Although, he doesn't go into a lot of detail as to where link tracking can be obtained or recommended link cloaking softwares. (for affiliate marketers)

4) How to Analyze Your Market: Market Affinity, Market Profitability, Research Tools etc.
5) Finding and Knowing Your Product, Making an Irrestible Offer etc.
6) Easy Traffic and the importance of link building
7) One of the most comprehensive set of tools i have read anywhere about How to Boost Your Traffic (which in it self is a huge chapter)which includes 14 Tactics on How to Boost Your Traffic.
8) Your Traffic Plan
9) How to create the perfect back end product for affiliate marketers.
10)Gives Ewen's insight into how to duplicate our business model.

This is what i liked about Ewen, which was confirmed in another book i read (ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income) written by owner of problogger.net: Darren Rowse.

Is that the true secrets of making a five or six figure income is to duplicate your business model / products or own multiple websites; both Ewen Chia and the owner of [...]: Darren Rowse owns multiple websites / blogs, which is the secrets behind their high incomes....

I was really happy, that the money i spent for this book was worth it.

This book is not for everyone, although people interested in internet marketing and affiliate marketing can learn a great deal from it.

Sanih, Owner of [...]
on June 4, 2011
I checked out and read this book from the San Antonio Public Library before ordering. So, I knew that the contents were valuable before ordering.

The book explains what hundreds of online E-books fail to mention; i.e., a systematic and thorough method for building an online business.

I purchased the book because I intend to apply the steps...and it will take months. This is longer than I can keep the book checked out from the library. But, this shows that the content of the book is inclusive and thorough. What I need to do...all in one place.

If you are patient and follow the instructions of this book, you can build an online business, too.
on August 22, 2010
I had been trying to break into Internet Marketing for around 6 months without success. But I knew that there were many people making money from it so it must work. I decided to start from scratch and find another way to approach how I was going to learn about Affiliate Marketing.
I like reading books and being able to go through them at my own pace. I decided this was the way to go so I bought a number of books on the subject including Internet Riches, E.Riches 2.0, 31 Days to Millionaire Marketing Miracles and How I made My First Million on the Internet and How You Can Too! They're all good books but "How I Made my First Million..." was the best for me to start again. The book is written in a verty easy to understand manner with good explanations of all facets the author is trying to explain. The book does a good job of taking you through the steps of Affiliate Marketing and what I do really like about it is you can use it instead of buying a course. Are there things that should be in the book that aren't? Yes, The book is only 300 pages long and like most of these books the main goal of the author is to lead you to other products they have for sale with the chance of a sale(Sound Familiar). Anyway the point I'm trying to make here is the book strategies and teachings are sound and if you are looking at beginning an online business this book will help you.
Points of Interest
Chapter 8: This entire section explains Traffic Generation really well and shows why it is important to get right. ( I noticed this has been mentioned as a strong point in other reviews on this book)
Another thing which I really have started to appreciate that is mentioned many times in this book is having the right mindset. This business like so many others when you start up will takes its toll on your confidence and motivation. The book warns you of this and I really appreciate this as I've been able to build from the harder times, because in a way I had been expecting it!
on June 23, 2017
The book is relatively informative but as it is already 2017, a lot of things have changed in the internet business environment.
on March 29, 2011
I bought this along with "Internet Riches" by Scott Fox. The two compliment each other nicely and you get the perspective of two top-notch guys. If you are a newbie to internet business these two books are more than enough to kick-start you on the path to success.

Ewen's book dolls out lots of insight and guidance on every page!
This book also has an easy to read double spaced layout and the margin pointers that accompany the text help reinforce everything you are reading. Also, Ewen doesn't waste words and force you to read a pile of ho-hum before he gets to the real point.

Before you spend a fortune for an on-line business opportunity that promises millions, read these books! The small fortune you'll save can be invested in your own on-line venture!
on March 30, 2009
I've read material and subscribed to many Internet Marketing gurus instruction but Ewen is definitely the real deal if you are looking for someone to follow.

What most impressed me about the book is the way he breaks everything down step by step and doesn't leave anything out. It is really all up to you how successful you are utilizing the information. You do need to spend money to be a success which will still be a stumbling block for many people. Also, having the know how to create sales pages and mini web sites but there is plenty of software out there to help you with that, although that is further expense. If initial start up money is not an issue, you can do quite well. For those on a limited budget, success will be much slower. However, this is true in any start up business.

The price of the book is a drop in the bucket for all the knowledge and advice contained within. Ewen is my fav Internet Marketer out there. He just has an honest vibe that others cannot live up to like Ewen does.

Vivian Feltz
on July 18, 2016
This is a great book! Defiantly had my wheels spinning. I actually bought this book a couple of years ago. I did make some money following some of the training. Highly recommended!