- File Size: 6956 KB
- Print Length: 473 pages
- Publisher: Hal Taylor; V5.2 edition (January 1, 1997)
- Publication Date: January 1, 1997
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007DN04IA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #779,382 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
How to Make a Beautiful Rocking Chair Kindle Edition
|Length: 473 pages|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
First there is no table of contents. I'd consider this rather essential in a reference material where it is common to refer back and forth among the pages. I have gone through and bookmarked a bunch of pages just so I can at least get in the ballpark when I'm looking for a specific step or instruction.
Second, the photos as seen on an actual Kindle are near worthless. I have the 1st gen. model and what I see looks pretty much like a smudge on the page. Any detail is very hard to pick out. I have put the Kindle app on my computer and the book displays much better, however the photos are still not much larger than thumbnail size - maybe 3" sq. or there abouts. I would LOVE to be able to enlarge these shots. These are 'how to' pictures and being able to see the detail is everything. One other complaint; as the book is formatted on my Kindle many of the pictures show up on a page other than the where it is being referred to. This requires some hunting around to find the photo being discussed, and to make matters worse, some of the pictures are not labeled with a reference number, so you have to count from the last labeled pic to find the right one in sequence (for instance there may be picture # 42-3 then several shots with no numbers and then #42-7). Not the end of the world but aggravating when you're trying to learn. In short the book is chock full of great- essential-information, but could sorely use the help of a good editor. One other Kindle related problem, and this one I probably should have foreseen. It would be great if there were a way to somehow copy or reproduce a page or two from the book. It is after all a reference book, and it would be convenient to print off a page of material to bring into the workshop. If I had it to do over, I would search out and buy a hard copy of this book.
iphone app too!
Well written, buy the Printed full size plans from Hal's site and you are ready!
Lots cheaper and a better product than offered elsewhere.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Architecture > Decoration & Ornament
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > Decorating & Design > Decoration & Ornament
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Woodworking > Projects
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Woodworking > Projects
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Interior Design > Decoration & Ornament