How to Make a Living with Your Writing: Books, Blogging and More (Books for Writers Book 3) 2nd Edition, Kindle Edition
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Length: 132 pages
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
- Page Flip: Enabled
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Thousands of books are eligible, including current and former best sellers.
- Look for the Kindle MatchBook icon on print and Kindle book detail pages of qualifying books. You can also see more Kindle MatchBook titles here or look up all of your Kindle MatchBook titles here.
- Read the Kindle edition on any Kindle device or with a free Kindle Reading App.
- Print edition must be purchased new and sold by Amazon.com.
- Gifting of the Kindle edition at the Kindle MatchBook price is not available.
- Similar books to How to Make a Living with Your Writing: Books, Blogging and More (Books for Writers Book 3)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Self-publishing is still hard, however, and there are lots of things to learn if you want to be a successful authorpreneur. Simply writing a good book is not good enough. You have to manage everything yourself, from formatting/editing, to cover design, and marketing. This can definitely be difficult and overwhelming.
This book by Joanna Penn will help aspiring author entrepreneurs to make a living with their writing. It covers how to make money with your books and how to diversify your income by selling things like products and courses, promoting affiliate offers, and sponsorship/advertising.
This book lays out all the options and is very useful for authors looking for some guidance on how to make a living with their writing. However, this is not a book that covers all the aspects of self-publishing in detail, so if you want to really learn more about specific things like marketing, for example, it’s better to start elsewhere. “How to make a living with your writing” is a very useful handbook for aspiring authorpreneurs!
I love it!!!
I couldn't believe how simple and straightforward it is. Her writing style is easy to read and the content is so relevant. She explains process and tools very eloquently and honestly. She is happy to share what has worked for her yet at the same time outlining other options.
I recommended the book to several friends as well.
Reading the book also jump started my writing and I have since acquired some if the writing tools and are on my writing journey.
A very informative and helpful little 'big' book.
Thank you Joanna for sharing a part of yourself so honestly!
If you pick up this book expecting all the answers to be handed to you, then you'll be disappointed. But if you're willing to take some time and actually think about what you're doing, what your definition of success is, and what you can personally achieve, then this is a great book.
Joanna Penn comes across as someone who not only knows what she's talking about, but has authority in the field that actually verifies that fact. This is one of several books by Penn that address aspects of being a writer, and ways to turn your passion into financial income. Having read this one from cover to cover in just two days, and having made a ton of notes that reflect the course I want to take, I will definitely be picking up more of her books.
In this book, she shares how she does it, and does it in a non-dogmatic, open way that presents you with more than one perspective on how to do what she does. For example, there is a section on Traditional Publishing in there that presents, in quite neutral terms, the pro’s and cons of choosing that option for your writing, and I appreciate that. We know what side she is predominantly working in at this stage, but that does not make her completely hate on the other side. She does, however, present the grim reality that our Trad brethren face.
From here on out, when I’m asked: “I want to be a full-time writer, what do I have to do?”
My answer will be: “Have a read through Joanna Penn’s How to Make a Living with your Writing.” Oh, and probably: “Subscribe to The Creative Penn Podcast while you’re at it.”
I started listening to her podcast about a year ago and her interviews with other writers and entrepreneurs really opened my eyes to the world of creatives. It's the inspiration every aspiring writer needs.
In this book, she writes about other blogs and podcasts she'd unsubscribed from because of a lack of personal connection and resonance. This is something I relate to because there is so much noise on the Internet. It can be difficult to find authentic voices who produce value to their audiences.
And Joanna is one of those honest and inspiring voices.
This book breaks down the various revenue streams that allow writers to earn a living-- very practical advice combined with confidence for the analytical minds that live inside of all writers. This book will push your worries aside and allow you to embrace the reality that you, too, can turn your dreams of being an entrepreneur into a reality.
Another great piece of work, Joanna!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Skills > Business Writing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Women & Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Computers & Technology > Business > Web Marketing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Nonfiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Creativity
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Motivational