Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 175 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 231 reviews
on January 22, 2012
Good, clear advice and how-to's with lots of follow-up resources to use, as needed. Jason Matthews takes the time to give specific instructions for those who might be unfamiliar with internet media--blogs, social media, website creation, etc. Even though he gives those step-by-step instructions, the information is valid even if one is internet media savvy because he tells HOW to use the media as an author.
on November 12, 2011
I was a little skeptical at first because the price was so low. I can honestly say after reading it that it packs a powerful punch. Whether your book is complete or not, How to Make, Market and Sell Ebooks - All for Free by Jason Matthews is the best (small) investment you can make as a eBook author.
on September 11, 2011
I realize that it must be hard to keep up with ebook publishing in print. Even so, the information provided in this book was spare, not up to date, and without helpful details. It was a waste of my money. I'd recommend Smashwords' online books by Mark Coker, instead. Plus, they're FREE.
44 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2012
I was initially a bit skeptical about this book. There are just so many redundant books out there that don't reveal anything new. Also, I thought that I was aware of everything there was to know about marketing ebooks. So why spend even a few bucks on Jason Matthew's book? But, the methods in his book really do work. I got immediate results the next day. The chapters on
were all very helpful.

You can actually promote your ebook for free these days. But, I do suggest that you invest a little money into book reviews and strategic marketing. You can get a fairly inexpensive book review at goodbookstoday.com.

I know goodreads.com has a new ppc program. You can advertise your book for as little as $5.00 on goodreads.com So first use the free methods in Jason Matthew's "How to Make, Market and Sell Ebooks - All for Free" and then spend whatever you can afford on book reviews at goodbookstoday.com and targeted online marketing at goodreads.com
1010 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2012
Jason Matthews has written a practical, no-fluff guide to creating eBooks and selling them online.

Major chapters include: Social Media; Creating Your Blog Site; Cover Design; Formatting and Uploading for Smashwords, Amazon and other Retailers; Formatting for Your Sites, Making Your own Conversions; Creating Your Website; SEO (Search Engine Optimization); Preparing Your Website for Ebook Sales; Selling Your Ebook from Your Websites; PR (Public Relations).

He presents one of the clearest and most straightforward treatments of self-publishing eBooks I have ever seen; and I appreciated his plain talk about the fact that his suggestions will not make you a great success overnight.

Matthews talks in detail about the eBook formats available (.pdf, .epub, .mobi, .txt, .lrf, .rtf, and .pdb) and which booksellers use them, how important each bookseller is likely to be in terms of sales volume, and the relative difficulty of working with each format.

He offers up his early attempts as promoting his books by throwing a lot of money at marketing and waiting. When he realized this is not the way to go about it, he developed alternative methods using social media, blogs, and websites to create interest in his books. It was slower that he had hoped or imagined but it works.

Best of all, everything in this book is in plain English that anyone from beginner to proficient can understand. That is an accomplishment of its own!

The only reason I don't give this book a five-star rating is that I think Matthew covers a lot but some too thinly. Some of the sections need more flesh or be left for a future edition.

Although you will not be an expert after reading this book, you will understand the basics of self-publishing and self-promoting your eBooks--with many of the options costing nothing but time and effort. I would call this a solid basic course that, with practical experience, can get you where you want to go.

It sounds real to me, not the usual hyperbole and puffery you find in this sort of book. It is not get rich quick, although it may be do well slowly. That's good enough for me and I intend to put it to work.

All in all, I would say you'd be hard pressed to do better for the price.
on July 26, 2011
If you, like me, don't know anything about making and selling eBooks, this little, precious book is an essential starting point. But I suppose this eBook will be very useful for more seasoned authors, because it contains a lot of data.
First of all, the Author knows his stuff: he made, marketed and sold eBooks. And he is not a supertechwizard, so he writes in plain English (I'm Italian, but I understood everything...), in a very easy but meticulous way.
Secondly, the book is well structured. The chapters are focused on different areas covering all the subjects you need to find your way in this industry. For example:
- How to build an online presence (chose a domain name, creating a blog, social media)
- Concepts related to eBooks (the different formats, the online sellers like Amazon, how to correctly format your masterpiece and so on)
- How to market you, the Author, and your eBook in a lot of different ways and places
- How and where spend some money, if you like it
You can read it quickly, and then you can go back to the different sections when you need to execute a specific task or strategy. In this way you will have a better understanding of the overall complexity of this task, and you can start planning wisely, without getting lost.
My advice is to buy this book before you start spending dozens of hours on the web trying to extract some useful information from a sea of fluff!
on December 30, 2011
This is an OUTSTANDING and thorough book. The author speaks from experience because it is something he has done personally. He goes into great step-by-step detail into how to do it. I now know what to do and am implementing it immediately. I also really enjoyed the conversational tone of the author. A++!
on July 27, 2011
How to Make, Market and Sell Ebooks - All for FREE: Ebooksuccess4free
Even if you know nothing about getting your book out to be published you will know enough to go ahead with your ebook publishing plans after reading 'How to Make, Market and Sell Ebooks - All for FREE: Ebooksuccess4free'.

I was thinking about writing a book but I was dragging my feet. After I read Jason's book about how it is really easy and not expensive at all, I made a firm decision to go ahead with my writing plans.

The book fully prepared me to what I will deal with when my book is ready. I am glad I found it and read. It was actually very easy to read it. What struck me - everybody who read the book loved it. There are no reviews that have less than 4 Stars. That fact alone is pretty amazing. In addition, what Jason is doing is simply noble. He is encouraging people to work not to spend money. He is showing that hard work brings good results and money. All this is going on at the same time when I see so many scams going on.
on June 27, 2011
The book is a quick read and provides an easy step by step plan to follow for marketing an ebook. Some paragraphs are repeated throughout the book which really stands out if you read it through over a couple of days. That's the only thing I didn't like. Overall, there are a lot of links and several choices for each topic to accomplish the same thing. That's useful and the author is honest when he can't make a recommendation or has little experience with a specific tool.

Overall, the advice makes sense and there's nothing to lose (except time) and a lot to gain using this method.
on May 11, 2012
The title says it all: how to do exactly what I needed to do and at my level of information intake. When I began the book I knew absolutely nothing about how to create an e-publication or about the technological platforms available to create and market it. But (and this is important) I not a technophobe--I know how to RTFM and dive in to do most geeky things, at least if I have a how-to list in front of me. If that is where you are too, then this information is incredibly valuable.

I didn't give it five stars only because it wasn't perfectly edited (and I am a perfectionist). I felt his enthusiasm (a wonderful thing) got the better of him sometimes, with a bit of a ramble or redundancy that could be tightened up. I also could have used a one-page check list to use as a plan/schedule in doing the project, one which points out the order to do things in.

This could re-emphasize his advice to perhaps start creating your internet platform even before finishing the e-book itself, and start your social networking before blogging, just to give two examples. I will dig all this out from the free .pdf file I will get of his book, for writing this review--honesty is the best policy.

And the Kindle price is definitely right.