- File Size: 296 KB
- Print Length: 34 pages
- Publisher: Simple Self-Sufficiency (June 10, 2012)
- Publication Date: June 10, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008AK8CTI
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #900,985 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
How To Make Soap: A No-Fluff Guide To Sustainable In-Home Soap Making Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Author has many other "how to" sustainable living books on Kindle. You should check out her other titles.
Many recipes here, although lye is included in all of them. That can be a problem for folks with sensitive skin. But soap is an alkali (like sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide) combined with fats. Together they go through a reaction called “saponification”, and in the end you are left with soap. So, by the very definition of “soap”, you cannot have soap without lye.
And it doesn't describe how to actually make lye from wood ashes. Here's a good set of instructions that worked for me: instructables.com/id/MAKE-YOUR-OWN-LYE/
Robert C. Ross
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I like it, but I should not have to say so many words to say a simple one line review.Published on January 29, 2014 by Patrick Brandimore
This was a free book that was recommended by a book club I follow on FaceBook. Im not sure it is free anymore.Published on October 31, 2013 by kris t
Since I make and sell homemade goat milk soap in my farm's general store, Old Field Farm General Store, I'm always on the look out for new ideas and this book has many!Published on September 25, 2013 by Suzy L Geno
I thought there was a lot of information here that will help me as I learn to make basic soaps for my family.Published on September 12, 2013 by Jan
Well written. I wish there were more content but for the price it was fine. I am going to try making soap soon.Published on September 10, 2013 by Kindle Customer
The book is simply written in user friendly format for easy comprehension for beginning novices and mid level experienced. Well done Ms. Greenwood!Published on August 21, 2013 by CALLAGURL10
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Candlemaking
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Soap Making
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Sustainable Living
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Crafts, Hobbies & Home
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Candlemaking