Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on August 2, 2017
This book has simple recipes for beginners and more advanced ones too. Very happy I purchased this book. I read it again every now and then to get back to my basics of soap making. Seriously this book is an easy read and very helpful.
on September 24, 2012
Especially enjoyed the author's emphasis on safety. Using lye can be very dangerous. The book demystifies the soap making process and the author offers quite a few recipes. Anyone reading this should be able to safely make their own soap! Does not offer instruction on making lye from wood ashes. Good "know how" knowledge to have and great to put to use and to pass on. We should not forget how to do these kinds of things!

Author has many other "how to" sustainable living books on Kindle. You should check out her other titles.
on June 30, 2013
This book was recommended to me and I've always wanted to try making my own soaps. It's only a short guide but covers the soap making process and also offers some guidance on further research as you broaden your soap making skills. The book covers two methods and promotes the benefits of the making from scratch method for sustainable living. All in all a simple and practical little book!
on July 13, 2013
This is an interesting book for those who are wondering how soap is made, and are thinking of entering the magical world of soap making. Lots of soap science and the necessary safety precautions for those who have no experience in soap making. Would not recommend it to anyone who already knows the basics, as it contains only 4 basic CP recipes.
on April 28, 2016
really interesting - I haven't tried it yet though...
on September 19, 2013
Reading the title I thought it might be fun to make my own soap....then after reading what was involved, I'll be buying my soap as usual! Nothing wrong with this book, just too much work (and possible danger!).
on September 25, 2013
Since I make and sell homemade goat milk soap in my farm's general store, Old Field Farm General Store, I'm always on the look out for new ideas and this book has many!
on December 30, 2012
This book is good for a beginner like myself. Making soap is something I have wanted to do.Now I have the recipes and instructions. I am really excited.
on August 21, 2013
The book is simply written in user friendly format for easy comprehension for beginning novices and mid level experienced. Well done Ms. Greenwood!
on October 31, 2013
This was a free book that was recommended by a book club I follow on FaceBook. Im not sure it is free anymore.