- File Size: 2815 KB
- Print Length: 267 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 1 edition (December 22, 2000)
- Publication Date: December 22, 2000
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000QCS96O
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #267,244 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$16.95|
|Print List Price:||$19.00|
Save $5.41 (28%)
How to Be a People Magnet: Finding Friends--and Lovers--and Keeping Them for Life Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
To put it simply: it is a disappointment. There are some excellent points made in this book, but they are the same as advice that can be found in her previous books. For example this book claims to: "Make strangers like you instantly; Make everyone around you feel special; Give the response that separates social 'winners' from social 'losers.' " Unfortunately, this book falls flat on its face delivering these points when compared to her previous book: Talking the Winner's Way: 92 Little tricks... This book does deliver, but in a more eloquent and applicable manner.
Your money and time would be better spent buying or, if you already own, it re-reading her earlier book: Talking the Winner's Way. Best of all, this advice saves you money as this book is out in paperback!
Ms. Lowndes book is different not only in content from the standard conversational improvement books, but the process of reading the book requires active reader participation and the signing of contracts and clauses throughout the book to engender more commitment. The book is written from the heart and speaks to issues of the growing isolation and alienation that are so real in the year 2001. I have read many of the top ranked books on personality improvement, conversation improvement, etc. by many of the best known authors of today and yesterday, but I found Ms. Lowndes book to be most down to earth, while the facts are supported by research, testimonials, and an extensive bibliography.Read more ›
Leil shares some very personal experiences in her book - experiences that are only printed words to people who have not gone through them. She talks about the importance of having friends during these times. Friends who do things for you without asking "why or how." Friends who help us live our lives when we have trouble remembering how.
I'll never be without friends now after reading this book. It's helped to change my life and see what's most important to me in addition to my immediate family.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good very good I'm so annoyed that I have to write this in order to enjoy a book THAT I PAYED FOR.Published 9 months ago by Lourdes Roman
Leil always has some good tidbits to use everyday. Worth a read.Published 10 months ago by Iron Bess
Great ideas; I've used them and it makes a difference. A lot about better listening which we all need.Published 13 months ago by Steve and Barbara Heppe
This book did not me our expectations. I was disappointed by the other reviews and wonder if they are true readers or marketing personnel. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Rita F. Weyant
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Parenting & Relationships
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Self-Help > Relationships > Friendship
- Books > Self-Help > Relationships > Interpersonal Relations
- Books > Self-Help > Relationships > Love & Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Interpersonal Relations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Love & Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Mate Seeking
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help