- Series: Writings from an Unbound Europe
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Northwestern University Press; 1 edition (February 5, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0810117207
- ISBN-13: 978-0810117204
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 1.1 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,228,121 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
How to Quiet a Vampire: A Sotie (Writings from an Unbound Europe) Paperback – February 5, 2003
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
But the novel is more than an intellectual meditation. Pekiƒ was himself a frequent political agitator and occasional prisoner, and he drew on his first hand knowledge of police methods and life under totalitarianism to paint a chilling portrait of an intellectual acting as a tool of repression. At the same time he questions whether Rutkowski's ideology puts him outside the philosophical tradition he so admires-or if the line separating it from totalitarianism is not as clear as we like to think.
Browse award-winning titles. See more