Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 2, 2016
Awesome book, very informative
on September 5, 2015
Ok
VINE VOICEon September 5, 2009
The book is so general that it had little use to me, or probably anyone else with even a modicum of collections business experience. In fact, the only real value I found was a few decent supplier and vendor references, and a dated copy of the FDCPA.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on January 25, 2015
ok
on May 21, 2007
The book has great information, for some reason I thought that it was much larger for the price. I probably would not have purchased it if I had realized that it was so thin and so costly in comparison.
on September 19, 2009
This books offers nothing. It should only cost $2.00. I don't know why Amazon is even selling it.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on June 26, 2007
I thought I could just open my doors - this book was filled with amazing tools and tips for starting my own business. I'll be starting up soon - so don't forget to pay your bills in my neighborhood. If you are looking for a way to work at home and are an experienced collections agent - this may just be the perfect book for you.
on January 16, 2007
I should have listened to the reviewer who said you could find all the information in this book through a 3 minute search on the internet. Lots of references, lots of filler content (such as a chapter on the FDCPA, pretty much word for word), but very little "actionable" content. I was hoping to have some substance that would springboard my plan into action. Well, this book isn't the answer.

If you are looking for basic information that stays at "level 1" ... then this book may work for you. Unfortunately, I was searching for Level 2,3,4 details that I could act upon.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on February 16, 2005
How to Start a Home Based Collection Agency has some good information in it. I think if someone is thinking about starting their own agency, this book would be helpful in helping them make that decision. I feel they would need to do more research as this book doens't cover everything you need to know but it is a great place to start. I think this book is a good companion book with my book on Starting a Collection Agency. I think combined someone would have enough information to start their business. Of course, the learning is never over so joining a credit association or group would be an added asset when purchasing this book or any book on this subject. Overall, I found the book to have alot of helpful information, and is easy to read. Robert obviously has experience in this field and has written this book to share that knowledge with others looking to start out in this field.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on May 13, 2004
While this book does cover a lot of topics related to the debt collection industry, it does not cover a single one of them in any detail. It is a very thin book that has large print.
I was hoping for some hard numbers on what kind of rates are normal for buying and selling debt different types of debt, but all I could find was that the author usually charges a 25% commission.
At $16.95 I suppose it's wasn't too much pay for a few pieces of good advice.
11 helpful votes