- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Wrightbooks; 1 edition (August 25, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0730308669
- ISBN-13: 978-0730308669
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.7 x 8.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,902,033 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
How to Succeed in 12 Months: Creating a Life You Love Paperback – July 21, 2014
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I started reading this book expecting a guide on how to start your own business and then use the income to fund your ideal lifestyle. Serena's approach is different. She shares ideas on how to completely change your life by coming up with a large project that will take off not because of the money you already have (or will make by starting a business), but primarily because of your ingenuity (in finding sponsors, crowdfunding, generating PR, etc.) and the social-conscious aspect of your idea.
One of the things I enjoyed the most about the book was Serena's inspirational tone. You can tell she's an extremely passionate person who believes anything is truly possible. The book is written in a friendly, casual tone. It's easy to read it in one or two sittings.
I greatly enjoyed case studies presented in the book. I wish there were more of them, since some of them explored different ideas than traveling that seemed to be the prevailing idea of the book.
Here are a couple things I didn't like:
- too many exclamation marks. Sometimes they make the book sound overly motivational.
- too much focus on putting yourself out there. As an introvert, I would find it extremely hard to follow a lot of the tips shared in the book (such as contacting the media, generating buzz around you, looking for sponsors, etc.)
- too much focus on travel as the most important thing all people want to do to create a life they love. If I were new to lifestyle design, I would think it's all about going on a long-term trip abroad.
If you're new to lifestyle design, this book will help you understand how you too can dramatically change your life in 12 months or less. Hint: it's not about the money or time you have, but about your willingness to think outside the box and push through the obstacles. This book will help you change yourself from the inside out.