Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 123 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 185 reviews
on August 17, 2013
I had no idea my gnome BFFs were going to kill me. I had been going about my silly life, never thinking their cheery faces were actually plotting my demise. They're clever little boogers. While this book did suggest a good amount of ways to protect yourself from these pointed hat wearing twerps, I simply used it to beat them away as they came at me. (: Problem solved.

I do recommend this book to someone who likes gnomes, or someone who is looking for something to be paranoid about. (It does suggest the neighbors' gnomes are after you too, even if you don't own them yourself. Never go to bed thinking you're safe. NEVER.) It not only made me laugh like a goon while I was waiting at the DMV, but it was so epic that I had to order one for my fellow gnome-loving friend. It saved her life, too.

Giggle at it or take it seriously, or maybe do a bit of both like I did -- it's worth the read.
on February 15, 2017
I wanted to like this book but I just can't. I really expected something a little more clever and less obtuse. There weren't any surprises here, just predictable and rather adolescent humor. The author's relentless attempts at wit just end up being repetitive, annoying and frankly lazy. This subject has a lot of potential which unfortunately went to waste in what appears to be a shallow attempt at getting another book published. Granted, it's a novelty book and one of the "Let's show the world how creative and quirky we are by recontextualizing a random, everyday novelty in unexpected ways!" genre and I shouldn't have expected much. There is a chuckle somewhere in here although probably not where the author intended, and this book would be a fine choice for office waiting rooms and children who need to hone their reading skills.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 2, 2016
I bought this recently for my grandmother as a joke. My grandma hates gnomes and ever since she mentioned it to us a few years ago, we have jokingly kept buying gnomes and hiding them through her yard. My husband and I have since stopped doing that, but my mother and step father recently purchased several small ones and hid them all over her home for her to find. It's become a huge joke in our family and so when I saw this, I knew I had to get it for her. I told her it's to help her survive my mother and step father's gnome attacks.

As for the book itself, I got a good chuckle out of what I read from it. It's a fun book to read and very humorous. I even had an author friend of mine remark that he wished he had thought of it!
on May 14, 2017
This book is the best garden gnome defense book I have ever read! Thanks to this book I have already fortified my home by creating a moat, securing my gardening implements and set several strategic quicksand traps! The best piece of advice is to hide a second bicycle as part of my escape plan. This book will save your life!!!
on October 22, 2016
Disappointing. Could have been so much more.
on November 27, 2015
Cute for those who are die hard Gnome lovers
on May 20, 2017
I liked the style in which it was written, with the footnotes and explanations along the way. I could see this being a great comedy act. Maybe even a new character for Jeff Dunham! I always knew they were planning something...
on October 13, 2016
I got this as a gift, and enjoyed skimming through it before I sent it off to the giftee. It's funny and a great gift for anyone who has garden gnomes in their lives.
on August 5, 2016
Now that you have a garden known problem how will you protect yourself??
You must educate yourself!
My wife had always asked me for garden gnomes so I got her a bunch for her birthday. She was very happy when she opened up her presents, then I gave her this book about how one day they will attack us all and it worked-we both laughed, it was the perfect addition to her gnome collection.
It is fun for all. Well written and illustrated.
on September 17, 2010
After interviewing Chuck Sambuchino, I had to pick up a copy of this book. Let me tell you now, there is no better survival guide for pointed hat predators available. Sambuchino gives us step-by-step instructions on dealing with these vicious pipsqueaks, and his advice will leave you well informed and clutching your sides. I especially love the section on home defense and am in the process of constructing my own moat. This delightful little tome has a number of laugh-out-loud funny moments and is a quick read. The pictures really bring the guide together. You should pickup a copy of How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack today, mostly because your life may depend on it. Following Sambuchino's method, you'll find out how at risk you are of a gnome invasion, and best of all you'll be able to take the necessary steps to prevent the buggers from assaulting your loved ones (and self!). Highly recommended for its wit and stunning photos. (4 Stars)