Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on December 16, 2012
I read this book to my five year old and three year old over three nights at bedtime. Both enjoyed it greatly and thought it was very funny. In the beginning I had to stop several times to explain some things to my three year old (which is expected, this book is not geared for one so young), but by the end he was really loving it and was asking me to read it! The illustrations were cute and plot was creative and amusing. At the end, both of my kids enjoyed speculating about what other creatures could be created using the machine in the story and different combinations of things. They went to bed giggling with minds full of imaginative ideas.
on May 23, 2017
My kids enjoyed this story so much !!! It's funny , interesting , simply unexpected and keeps your interest in every chapter .
on September 5, 2013
What an absolutely hilarious read! This might've been written exclusively for children, but it's a spectacular read which I'll highly recommend for young and old alike. It takes about fifteen to twenty minutes to read. Maybe less, depending on how quickly you can pick yourself off the floor after a laughing fit that leaves you breathless. Even my fourteen-year-old son had a few chuckles while reading this, and that's impressive, since he's not easily amused. Will I read more titles by Ian Sands? Heck yeah!!
on April 1, 2012
I picked this book up for free as a kindle book. My wife and I (late 40's) both enjoyed it. If you have every been in grade school, you are not to old for this one. Lots of funny bits in a short book. The story moves along quickly. Makes a good lunch time read, or turn on the kindle text to speech and enjoy it with a loved one.
on September 16, 2012
How to Milk a Dinocow made my daughter laugh at the antics of the boy in this story. We found the storyline unique and will written. There are so many stories about dinosaurs that might catch your interest but this book has your interest from start to finish. My daughter could not wait to see what would happen next..to think of milking a dinosaurs was more than funny and the result were even funnier ..everyone who has a child should read this story. It s funny both for the adult and the child.
on May 3, 2013
This book was adorable. My 5 year old son absolutely loved it. It really reminded me a little of a non-horrifying, kid's version of Ancestor (by Scott Sigler). Two kids accidentally make a dinocow while messing with an experiment, and end up starting to turn people into dinosaurs! Their solution is very much something that kid-logic would come up with, and the illustrations are a great addition to the story.
on August 31, 2016
The main reasons for this is because a wizard infects a milk factory, which causes it to spread to the whole town.
on April 3, 2013
Tilden, or Trip, accidentally creates a steg-cow-saurus. How can he get out of the mess it makes with his classmates, teacher, neighbor, and Mom?

The storyline is funny and the illustrations sprinkled throughout the chapters are well-done. I really enjoyed this story and think it's perfect for elementary kids. It'll appeal especially to boys. Great job Sands!
on May 14, 2016
This book is full of fun, excitement, a few problems that Tilden runs into. Over all this book is superb!
on September 10, 2012
I don't know how my 5 dogs would react to a dinocow, but I would love to have one. The story is very good and entertaining. I plan to read it to my grandson. The end of the book seems to leave the story open for more books either with the dinocow or his human friends.