Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

How to Train Your Dragon: How to Be a Pirate
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 24, 2013
So, is this as good as the first How to Train Your Dragon book? Well, yes and no. Yes because it gives us more in the background of Hiccup's life, and no because it's more childish. Now I will say that I am 16 so it's not exactly for my age group, but I have spoken to the author and she said that there are a ton of older readers. The books really didn't take off until the movie was released, at least in the United States. I have a feeling the newer books are a little more grown up, but I don't know cause I haven't got to them yet. Once I have I will add an update to this review below. I would say that if you don't mind a little bit of childish potty humor then you should be fine. A few times I was laughing, but only because of some other jokes. Like I said this book is not targeted at my age group, so I didn't suspect teen humor or regular jokes. It is very corky and a quick read. It is a very good kids book and your children will love it. You will love to read it to them because of how different it truly is. I will defiantly continue reading this series in anticipation for the second movie coming out June 13th 2014!
on February 12, 2014
After watching the videos, my five-year-old son and I decided to read the books upon which the videos are based. Although they are highly similar, aside from Hiccup, the characters and stories in the book are different. At first I was worried that my son wouldn't like the books, but, he can't get enough of them. If it were possible, he would sit still and we would go through an entire book in one go!

The stories are great, the characters are well-developed, and the world is a wonderful place to visit. I highly recommend this series to anyone who is even slightly interested!
on August 30, 2014
🐲Hello another wise moment with Freja. This book is recomened for readers 10+. This is book two of how to train your dragon. Hiccup just saved the tribe from a sea dragon. He is a bit more pouplar in his tribe but still weakling. Toothless is still a jerk but when a strange man comes. je brongs a map.💣
 Well now lets get to the fun part. If you love vikings play clash of clan for.apple devices not kindle. When get clan castle 🏰join K.L.A.D. It may have an inviting on it so type How to train your dragon reviewer 2.0.🐲enjoy my clan and bye.
on December 17, 2016
It was arrived as we expect, m bought it as a gift for a twins. This is a good book for kids who are just beginning to learn how to read.
on December 29, 2016
My 5th grader loves these books - a quick read for AR points.
on November 21, 2016
Great book for a nerdy seven year old.
on January 28, 2017
This was a gift.
on October 14, 2017
Purchased for my teenage nephew who loved it. How to Train Your Dragon has been a wonderful series for teenagers all over.
on April 6, 2011
I hate to admit it, but I wasn't very good about reading to my son until we found this series. Every chapter is a cliff hanger and we are eager to get started the next evening. If my husband reads to him, I'll read it myself so I don't miss a chapter. The stories are funny and smart without being full of potty humor. It's nice to read about a decent normal kid who thinks his way out of his problems even if he doesn't get credit for it. Goodbye Captain Underpants!
on September 28, 2014
This book is amazing. I first saw the How to Train Your Dragon movies and loved them so i decided to read the books that started it all and i am glad i did. This is also a good book for any kid. I cant wait to read the next book.