How the Universe Works
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Engineering the Universe shows you how the cosmos is designed, built, and actually works. From the beginning of time, Stars, Galaxies, Planets, Solar Systems, and more have been working individually and together to produce all that is and all that we see. See as never before the inner workings of our world, and explore black holes, supernovae, neutron stars, dark energy, and all the titanic forces that make us who we are. With a dynamic cast of experts and a new generation of CGI, Engineering the Universe looks under the celestial hood to reveal the inner workings of outer space: the story of how it's made and how it runs. This is your ultimate Cosmos Operator's Manual.
Top Customer Reviews
One can't argue with the price either - very agreeable. It seems like Amazon.com is almost giving this series away, considering how packed it is with information.
Bottom line: Extremely highly recommended, whether astronomy/cosmology is a genuine interest of yours, or whether you've ever looked up on a starry night and wondered, "How does it all work?"
The CGI in this series is top notch and the program is totally immersive. The explanation by the scientists is spot on for novices and you need not be embarrassed to replay certain parts or watch with the closed caption turned on because you want to understand.
Also, the re-watchability rating on this is very high. When you own this you are not pressed with having to get things the first time. So you watch it again later and the second time around you will understand the parts you got before better and be astonished at the stuff you missed.
If you wonder about the after life, whether there is a God or whatnot...it doesn't matter. This program doesn't try to sway your beliefs one way or another.
And lastly, it is beautiful. The world we live in and the surrounding universe with it's stars and planets is magnificent. And you can explore this all from the comfort of your home.
- The technical level of the presentation is enough to satisfy most science enthusiasts, yet accessible for the whole family (my 10-yo daughter was totally hooked).
- The script is clear and narrated very well.
- The short interviews with scientists add variety and show their passion and excitement.
- The graphics are highly effective and stunningly vivid, even without Blu-ray.
- Most importantly, the information will (or should) blow your mind. This is stuff every educated and inquisitive person needs to know.
- Last but not least, the price is a bargain.
Needless to say, highly recommended!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Ad should really have stipulated region 1 only.Read more