Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on March 19, 2016
This is actually really difficult to read. Although it has really good content, it is very hard to follow even with the editing. The stories tend to ramble on. I think that the actual content is good because it tells Mark's surprising story in a really real way. The only difficulty is staying focused in reading it because it tends to just go off on tangents. This was originally written for blogs after all. It would be nice if an editor could do some more work on it to make it less difficult to follow. Mark happens to be my favorite Shark. His words come off sounding like he does on the show. I find his story very believable and the fact that he believes hard work can make anyone succeed very inspirational.
on November 15, 2016
I really liked the advice he gave. It is great for both young and old. It is all very motivating especially if you are just starting out in business. I am right with him on his advice regarding sales.

My advice to those starting out is keep asking yourself if you should be an entrepreneur. If you slowly find yourself disliking the corporate world, go start your own business. Get a real estate license or some other license where you work for an organization yet you are your own boss.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was it read like a blog. But then again, that's what Mark intended it to be - a compilation of blogs.

Overall, it was great!
on January 10, 2017
I have read this "book" aka well put together blog posts by Mark 3 times now. I use it to get motivated and as a 22 year old still searching for a calling this book helps bring me closer to what it is I want to do.

There is plenty of good lines you can take from this book. My favorite is "You only have to be right ONCE" I also enjoy Marks personal side he brings to the book. He uses lots of references to his young self such as when he brings up the multiple jobs he's had and his experiences with them.

This is a short review but Mark Cuban is the goat! Read this book if you want motivation!!
on February 4, 2016
Mark Cuban is one of my favorite role models when it comes to entrepreneurship and business in general. Normally I do not enjoy reading, but I liked this book because of the fun anecdotes and quick to the point lessons. Mark does not waste time. I wish he had more to say in the book because it is really short. Even though after reading it I realized that I had known or learned many of those lessons from my upbringing or experiences, it was still a good read.
on November 4, 2013
Update: I am changing my Amazon rating to 5 Stars, and adding this update, simply because this is a very good bio and guidebook for entrepreneurs, and it's well worth reading, priced low, and fun and fast to read. My only gripe is explained in my earlier review below. For some inexplicable reason, Mark or his publishers chose to format half of this book vertically, making those portions excruciating to read. The poor formatting and difficulty reading those parts means that this item really deserves only 4 Stars, but because what Mark has to say is so valuable, I am listing it as 5 Stars. If the formatting was corrected, I would give this book 10 Stars.

Former review:

This is a well written, fast-paced, well-priced memoir. I only wish I could read all of it. 80% of the Kindle edition is formatted vertically, with letters and words going from top to bottom. I don't know if Cuban or his publisher are trying to be clever by using verticle layout to emphasize the important life principles, but it's so hard to read this vertically it's not worth the trouble. I give up. Sorry this didn't work out. Cute layout = Fail.
on July 6, 2014
It doesn't matter how many times you fail at business, no one keeps score you only have to be right once to be a successful entrepreneur.

Mark Cuban is the American dream in that his preparation lead to his luck and success.

Straight from the guy no nonsense writing. Usually books like this are about three times as long with lots of filler and dribble, mark gives you the leanest cut of advice from his experiences in life.

You can tell from his messaging that he really wants you to be as successful as he is and this book is a great view into his mindset.
on March 6, 2017
Lots of insights that I took notes on and will be applying to my business right away. Much better written than all the books about Mark Cuban. He is brilliant and so is his advice in this book.
on December 3, 2016
If you are looking for a comprehensive "this is how you make billions" this ain't it. If you are looking to get a nugget or two from a dude who has learned a thing or two about business, this is a worthwhile read. At $5 it is a hell of a lot less expensive than going to a semester long course in college about how to start a business- this book speaks to the mindset required for you to be a business success. I especially enjoy the emphasis on starting lean, without debt, and without necessarily having a boat load of capital. Mark Cuban is spot on with his logic.
on January 14, 2014
I have been intrigued by this man since I became obsessed with Shark Tank. I could tell there was something more going on inside of him- sometimes the editing on the show can make him off to be careless in his competitive tactics, but I always see the genuine care in his eyes and actions & tone of voice. I can't even count how many times I have seen each episode, studying so that I can earn an honorary STMBA so that I can gain an appearance on the show.

Not only are there some great gems of advice, the book gives behind the scenes look at the process of starting out a business. I for one have always been of the "read anything I can get my hands on" education, why pay someone a ton if I can figure it out quickly on my own. If a price is to high, I will research high and low to find a less expensive route. I hope he is "in" with my company, and his advice will help me get there, along with the Shark Tank "Jump Start Your Business" book.
on May 6, 2017
Great writing here. This book
Contains a well joined story about how Cuban got to where he is today. As he says, if he can do it, so can you... However, situations will be different...