Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

How does TPoNow conflict with Christianity?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 29, 2011, 3:46:15 PM PDT
JJinYancey says:
I have not purchased this book, but I see that it has rave reviews. Do the concepts of this author differ from those of Jesus and Christianity?

Posted on Jan 23, 2013, 7:53:47 AM PST
A. N. Pierce says:
I don't think it does, however I'm sure scholars would be able to argue the contrary. Eckhart is not a follower of any one region however he quotes The Bible a lot. He also draws on other religions, especially Buddhism. I personally think he is spot on with his ascertains about the nature the self, ego and awareness from a deeper essence - Christians may call the Spirit. Hope this helps. Christianity Today has a good article on this very subject.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013, 3:28:26 AM PST
Susan Carr says:
I think this book highlights the essence of Christianity and does a fantastic job of allowing the reader to experience that joy daily. He interprets scripture in a new, more meaningful light, and as you read and apply Tolles steps, it becomes easier to experience our link to that essence.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013, 3:58:08 AM PST
Taranis says:
Christ was one thing, Christianity is an altogether different one I'm afraid.
If he came back (and he hasn't yet as far as I can tell) the historical Christ would have difficulty recognizing his teachings and what they stood for in the self-serving, controlling power structures and ritual paraphernalia that have grown up in his place over two millennia.

It's a good thing to have someone like Tolle who tries to bring us all back to basics, the essence, free from conditioning, mythologizing, conceptualization and dogma and other empty trappings of organised religion that are little more than a travesty of the 'original' teachings.

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 4:53:32 PM PDT
J says:
only if you want it to conflict with christianity.

Posted on Jan 20, 2014, 5:00:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2014, 5:14:19 AM PST
The original question suggests that there is conflict, which in and of itself implies that both the essence of Christ's teachings and those of Tolle may not be well understood. In this state of Now one experiences the "presence." As one aligns with the teachings of Christ one also experiences the "presence." This experience is inevitable for those on the path who surrender to the present and give up the illusion of controlling anything. Alignment with this "presence" is in fact the whole point of Christianity. Unfortunately, many tickling their way along the path mistake ritual for essence and grasp for rules and knowledge rather than personal experience. Seek to align with the teachings you believe. When you do you will eventually experience Now. Clarity arises when in this state. In this clarity you will discover that there is no conflict. All must pass through this state of Now along the path.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Sep 29, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 20, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
THE POWER OF NOW: A GUIDE TO SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTENMENT
THE POWER OF NOW: A GUIDE TO SPIRITUAL ENLIGHTENMENT by Amber Lotus Publishing (Paperback - 2001)
4.6 out of 5 stars (5,052)