Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How many Kindles on one account?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 24, 2008 8:39:15 PM PDT
StephiePlus says:
My siblings and I are thinking of getting a Kindle for each of my parents. Can both of their Kindle's access the same books?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2008 8:53:53 PM PDT
Randy says:
Up to six Kindle's can share an account.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 5:07:05 AM PDT
Kindles on the same account can share books, which would make sense for your parents. They can't share subscriptions, however, so if they both want to read the New York Times (for example) they would either need two subscriptions or share the Kindle that has the paper.

LHN

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 5:29:45 AM PDT
AC says:
I did not realize that Kindle material could be shared - what a great thing for families!!! How do you set the share up?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 5:54:18 AM PDT
You just have to have one Amazon account that all the Kindles are registered to. For example, I have four Kindles on my account -- my two children and a friend. All the content in your media library can be shared among the Kindles on your account. It's very easy.

Keep in mind that someone's credit card is on the account -- in my case, mine. So when anyone buys anything, I get charged. This has not been a problem for me but again, just something to be aware of.

LHN

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 6:26:01 AM PDT
does all the people on your account have to be in the US to access the 'library'?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 8:12:58 AM PDT
That's a good question, Sushi.

If a person was outside of the US, they would not be able to use the Whispernet to acquire books through the content manager. So, that person would need to know the user ID and password on the Amazon account where the Kindle is registered. Then s/he could log into the account, download the books to his/her computer, and transfer to the Kindle with the USB cable. Thinking this through, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

Be aware, though, that the person has access to the Amazon account with all the credit card info, etc. Remember I said above, I have my children and my friend on my account? I do but none of them know my id and password, so they can't get into my account on their computers. They can only get books and things using the Whispernet on their Kindles.

LHN

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 8:17:05 AM PDT
Alternatively, a friend and I share the same Amazon account for our Kindles. We trust one another to see our credit card information. And, we just switch the default credit card for the account back and forth when we make purchases (it's very easy to do).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Oct 24, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 25, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions