|Item Weight||15.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||R-01526|
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Impact Sport Earmuffs, 2-Aaa Batteries, 3.5 Audio Connection Cord|
|Average Battery Life||350 hours|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.48 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Howard Leight by Honeywell Impact Sport Sound Amplification Electronic Earmuff, Classic Green (R-01526)
|Price:||$40.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Built-in directional microphones amplify range commands and other ambient sounds to a safe 82dB, providing more natural listening and enhanced communication
- Actively listens and automatically shuts off amplification when ambient sound reaches 82 dB; Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): 22
- Features low profile earcups for stock clearance; adjustable headband for secure fit; compact folding design for convenient storage; Matte black color
- Includes AUX input and 3.5mm connection cord for MP3 players and scanners
- Includes 2 AAA batteries; automatic shut-off feature after 4 hours increases battery life
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 6:44 Mins|
feel free to Check my references, I am a 15 year veteran of Live sound and own a recording studio in Maui
I am a Life member of the NRA and a member of the Valley Isle Sport shooters.
Shooting is my hobby, sound is my life.
I entrust my main professional asset to these head phones.
1. The set is lighweight and they are comfortable to wear all day long without making one's ears sore.
2. The sound suppression is reliable and efficient. The blast of a rifle or shotgun is muffled to the extent that it is barely audible.
3. The volume can be turned up to actually hear better than "normal" hearing. The sounds amplified are those typically made by animals rustling in the leaves, grass, or the crackling of sticks and brush.
4. They run on two 3A batteries included with the set. The batteries will easily last 2 or more days even with continuous use.
5. The muffs have a plug-in for exterior radio, MP3 players, etc.
6. The muffs fold up into a compact size that can fit into a large coat pocket if necessary.
7. Compared to other much more expensive "name" brands, these muffs cost much less, are more reliable, and produce quality hearing and loud noise reduction.
8. Best of all, one can actually tell where a sound is coming from when wearing these muffs! Other brands claim this feature, but this brand actually makes it a reality.
There really are no cons to this muff set. The only disadvantage (and this is common to all muffs), is that one will bump "clunk" into the stock of a firearm when shouldering aiming. If you know beforehand it is coming, the "clunk" can be minimized.
I would not hunt or shoot without these muffs. I have tried much more expensive brands (Walkers), and some "in the ear" models, but these are the best I have experienced. I consider these muffs the best on the market.
My first "premium" muffs were Silencio Magnums that while very effective (as witnessed by the fact that I still have them as back ups 15 years after buying them) were bulky and uncomfortable to wear. Add to that the fact that you couldn't hold an intelligible conversation or hear range commands well with them on, and you can see why I upgraded to electronic muffs.
I was turned on to Peltor 6S muffs by a friend a few years ago, and I swore by them. I told everyone who asked about electronic muffs that Peltor was the way to go.
Then about 2 months ago, I lost my beloved Peltors. I'm not sure where I left them, but they were gone. Granted they were in need of new linings and hygiene kits, but I still mourned them...mostly because prices had gone up since I bought my 6S's!
While looking at Peltors on Amazon, I came across these Leight e-muffs. I had used Howard Leight plugs previously, and knew they were good stuff, but had never considered their muffs. I read the reviews, and they were so cheap that I thought I'd give them a try, since practically no one had a bad word to say about them.
Now I know why...these things are great! They're very good at blocking harmful noise, just like my Peltors. They allow one to hold a conversation at normal speaking levels when wearing the muffs, just like my Peltors.
The similarities end there. They fit way more comfortably than my Peltors did. They also allow for greater sensitivity in the microphones than the Peltors did.Read more ›
Before buying these, my wife had been previously using the Howard Leight Leightning-31 earmuffs (non-electronic, NRR 31), so I was _really_ worried about the drop in NRR with her. We went to an indoor range yesterday and shot a .40SW pistol (the .40SW has a sharp pressure spike, and hence percussion wave, and being indoors amplifies things, so this was a really good test of the earmuff's effectiveness). After we were done she said that she "likes" these muffs, and "has no problem" with them. They're a keeper! She did have one complaint. She says that they squeeze her head too tightly (not uncomfortably, just a tighter, snugger fit than she's used to) and interfere with her eye protection. We both understand that the tight fit is necessary to seal the ear, so that's not a problem in our minds, but she says she "needs to figure something out" w.r.t. the shooting glasses because that bugs her.
Of course, I tried these muffs out also. I gotta admit, for the price they are pretty darn good. The amplification is above average and you can hear normal conversation easily.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
For the price and quality it is very hard to beat these. I have used them extensively on the range and they work very good. Read morePublished 2 hours ago by JR
High quality, best set that I've used, and my shooting friends think they are the bestPublished 7 hours ago by Melvin E.
Stellar value for the money. My original pair is some 6 years old and still performs as new.
I have 4 pairs on hand for range time with friends and family.
Comfortable and cuts out the sound of my pistol when I'm shooting! I love it!Published 12 hours ago by Stephen Arnold
Nice slim ear cups work well with rifle shooting. Amplification is really cool. Some issues with fit on smaller headed people. Read morePublished 16 hours ago by Matt Foster
simple and easy ear protection. the adjustable microphone and line input make these great for comfort, private shooting or any situation where ear pro is required. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Furthur