Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on May 13, 2011
I ordered two of these, one for a Panasonic Lumix 14mm 2.5 and another for a Panasonic Lumix 20mm 1.7, both 46mm. When I received them, one turned out to be Made in Japan, the other Made in Philippines. I noticed a couple minor differences:

1. Cosmetic - The Japan filter has a glossier black paint finish, while the Philippines filter is more of a matte black metal finish.
2. Optic - I held up the filters at an angle to see the reflections from a fluorescent light bulb. The reflection from the Philippines glass is a much darker green than the Japan glass, which is a much lighter green tint. Not sure if this means there's more UV coating, but I haven't noticed any image quality differences.
on January 15, 2013
I picked up a Hoya 46mm to go with my 20mm pancake for my Micro 4/3 camera. I've upgraded cameras twice but have kept the lens and lens cover to protect the glass.

I like the lens filter. It is made in the Philippines, (as stated on the side), is threaded very well, and protects my camera from the elements. The quality is good as well- my camera dropped from three feet lens downward. The lens cover actually broke from the fall, but the lens filter suffered no damage.

I have now had this filter for over two years and enjoy it a lot. There are issues with green duplicates popping up during night-time photos however, so I do have to remove the filter if I want to avoid extra work post-process. Because of this I'm removing a star, however I highly encourage everyone to work with filters just to protect the more valuable glass below.
on January 21, 2013
This is a nice filter for general protection and is suitable for most lighting conditions. I use one each on my three Micro Four Thirds lenses for my Olympus OM-D. However, I can verify another reviewer's experience with lens flare in low light, or with the sun in front of it or just off to the side. Photographing a subject in front of a fireplace with a Panasonic 25mm f/1.4, for instance, will produce flare in the form of green blobs that are not present without the filter. Given that this type of lighting is very challenging for any filter, for the price I can overlook it. If you shoot a lot in low light, I'd suggest trying some different filters and perhaps spending more for better results, or just take off the filter for certain situations. That said, this filter is a good value and I don't have any hesitation in recommending it.
on May 23, 2012
This product was a waste of my money and will be a waste of your money. This has little to no scratch resistant coating on it so after you wipe it with a microfibre cloth a few times you will start to see scratch marks on the glass.

I have purchased HOYA UV(C) HMC filters before and highly recommend them. However, this one I got from this seller seems to be an imitation because it is very low quality and is not like the other HOYA UV(C) HMC filters I have bought before. All other HOYA filters I purchased in the past had a smooth high quality finish on the filter..but this one has a matte finish and was the first indication to me that this was not the typical HOYA filter I was used to getting.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SELLER and STAY AWAY FROM THIS ITEM. I want my money back for this piece you know what.
on October 2, 2013
I don't always leave a haze filter on the lens when shooting. It just depends on the situation. I do try and leave a filter on the lens when I'm either transporting the lenses or whe they are not in use for a long time.
on December 3, 2009
I purchased this filter for a Panasonic DMC-FZ35 camera which has a Leica lens. I use the UV 0 filter for lens protection and believe that you should not cover a good lens with a piece of poor glass. This Hoya filter provides the protection I needed with the quality I was seeking.
on July 2, 2015
I compared photos shot with and without this filter, and there's no loss of image quality.
on March 30, 2013
Purchased solely to protect the lens of my Panasonic HC-V700M camcorder. No complaints as far as image quality, but I mostly shoot indoors under fluorescent lighting. Well-threaded, multi-coated, nice price. Made in Philippines.
on September 20, 2015
GREAT PRODUCT, WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!
on October 28, 2012
I bought it for my Panny camcorder HC V700 for protection against the elements, water condensation, sand and dust. It may help in a very sunny and hazy day, but my main purpose is for protection.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.