|Standing screen display size||13.9 Inches|
|Screen Resolution||3000 x 2000|
|Max Screen Resolution||3000X2000|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce MX150|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||2 GB|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
Huawei MateBook X Pro Signature Edition Thin & Light Laptop, 13.9" 3K Touch, 8th Gen i7-8550U, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, GeForce MX150, 3:2 Aspect Ratio, Office 365 Personal, Space Gray - Mach-W29C
|Series||Huawei Matebook X|
|Display Size||13.9 Inches|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- World's First FullView Display: Immersive 13.9-inch 3K touchscreen with 91% screen-to-body ratio, only 0.57-inch thin and weighs only 2.93 lbs., perfect for at-home or on-the-go computing
- Powerful Inside: Windows 10 Home Signature Edition with no bloatware. 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8550U processor + NVIDIA GeForce MX150 - boosts performance up to 40% over its predecessor
- Home Theater: 3K touchscreen with 3, 000 x 2, 000 resolution, 1500:1 contrast ratio and 260 PPI allow you to see vivid details when viewing HD content. 2nd Gen Dolby ATMOS for immersive audio
- One Touch Power Button: Enabling users to power on the notebook, finish identity authentication through Windows Hello and access the desktop in less than 8 seconds. Bluetooth - Bluetooth 4.1
- Includes compact Mate Dock 2.0: USB-A port, USB-C port, HDMI port and VGA port. Includes 1 year Office 365 Personal and 1 year manufacturer warranty.60Hz refresh rate
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Ultra-Slim with Discrete Graphics
At 0.57-inch thin and weighing just 2.93 lbs, the HUAWEI MateBook X Pro is equally light, portable and powerful with the full functionality of a PC. The i7 configuration comes with NVIDIA GeForce MX150, perfect for entertainment, casual gaming and video editing.
Windows 10 Home Signature Edition comes clean with no bloatware to slow you down. 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8550U/i5 8250U processor boosts performance up to 40% over its predecessor.
A Full Day of Battery
HUAWEI MateBook X Pro packs a monstrous 57.4 Wh (typical capacity) battery into its slim body. Enjoy up to 12 hours of video playback, 14 hours of office work, or 15 hours of web browsing. Have a worry-free full day of battery when you travel.
Privacy Pop-up Webcam
A recessed camera sits discreetly on the keyboard and pops up only when you need it, a safeguard for your privacy.
Fast & Secure Log-in
One-touch power button with optimized BIOS powers up and logs in your computer in 7.8 seconds. Safe, fast and user-friendly.
Complimentary Software & Accessories
Includes 1 year of Office 365 Personal. Includes compact Type-C charger and Mate Dock with HDMI, VGA, USB-C & USB-A ports. Perfect for work and travel.
Compare with similar items
ASUS UX534FTC-AS77 ZenBook 15 Laptop, 15.6” UHD 4K NanoEdge Display, Intel Core i7-10510U, GeForce GTX 1650, 16GB, 512GB PCIe SSD, ScreenPad 2.0, Amazon Alexa Compatible, Windows 10, Icicle Silver
Apple MacBook Air (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage) - Space Gray (Latest Model)
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop, 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, 8GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Backlit Keyboard, Alexa Built-in, AN515-54-5812
ASUS F512DA-EB51 VivoBook 15 Thin And Light Laptop, 15.6” Full HD, AMD Quad Core R5-3500U CPU, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, Windows 10 Home,Slate Gray
Lenovo Thinkpad E590 15.6" HD Business Laptop (Intel Quad Core i5-8265U, 16GB DDR4 Memory, 512GB PCIe 3.0(x4) NVMe SSD M.2 SSD) Type-C, HDMI, Ethernet, Webcam, Windows 10 Professional
|Sold By||CTMA Electronics||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||wacky jacky||Woot||PC SALES (WE RECORD SN)|
|Computer Memory Size||16 GB||16 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||16 GB|
|CPU Model Manufacturer||Intel Core i7-8550U||Intel||Intel||Intel||AMD||Intel|
|CPU Speed||1.8 GHz||4.9 GHz||1.1 GHz||4.1 GHz||3.6 GHz||1.60 GHz|
|Display Resolution Maximum||3000X2000||1920 x 1080 pixels||—||—||1920 x 1080 pixels||1366 x 768|
|Screen Size||13.9 inches||15.6 inches||13 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches|
|Hard Disk Size||512 GB||—||256 GB||—||256 GB||512 GB|
|Item Dimensions||11.97 x 0.57 x 8.54 inches||13.90 x 8.70 x 0.70 inches||12.76 x 2.40 x 9.09 inches||14.31 x 10.04 x 0.96 inches||14.10 x 9.10 x 0.78 inches||9.92 x 14.53 x 0.78 inches|
|Item Weight||2.93 lbs||3.60 lbs||—||5.07 lbs||3.50 lbs||4.70 lbs|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home||Mac OS||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Pro|
|RAM Type||DDR3 SDRAM||DDR3 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM|
|Wireless Communication Standard||802.11ac||802.11ax, Bluetooth||802.11a/b/g/n/ac||801.11ac||802.11ac, Bluetooth||Bluetooth, 802.11ac|
HUAWEI MateBook X Pro continues to push the boundaries of an ultra-slim and full-feature notebook. Featuring a 13.9-inch notebook with a full-size spill-proof keyboard, the MateBook X Pro measures only 0.57-inch thin and weighs less than 3 pounds. For the first time, FullView is defined for a laptop giving you an immersive experience with 3K FullView touchscreen at 91% screen-to-body ratio. Play harder with the second-generation Dolby ATMOS Sound System and NVIDIA GeForce MX150 discrete graphics (MX 150 included with i7 configuration only). The elegant metallic unibody comes in two colors: i7 in Space Gray and i5 in Mystic Silver. Maximum brightness: 450 nits (Typical) and Viewing angle: 178 degrees.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Design: This is a very good looking laptop. The dark grey color is pretty much identical to the "space gray" that Apple uses on their MacBooks.
- Battery life: excellent. Watching youtube, editing documents, and other light productivity work yields about 8-10 hours of use.
- Display: Very bright and easy to use outdoors. Not quite as bright as the new MacBook Pros, but close. Color accuracy is skewed towards the reds, but that can be fixed with calibration.
- Keyboard: MUCH better than Apple's new keyboards. Very quiet comfy to type on. It feels very similar to the Surface keyboards (which is a good thing)
- Speakers: Excellent sound. The bass could be better, but the sound is very clear and can get fairly loud.
- The SSD is upgradable. Not easily upgradable, but it's not soldered in, which is a plus. If anyone is wondering, my unit has a Toshiba SSD. Write speeds are poor, around 300MB/s, read speeds are decent at around 1800MB/s.
NOT SO GOOD:
- Build Quality: After a few days of use, the laptop started to creak when I pick it up. I tried tightening the screws, but that didn't fix it. Very irritating. The USB C ports are also VERY tight. It feels like I'm going to break something when I remove the charging connector.
- Port arrangement: This is a minor one, but I wish they put one USB C port on either side instead of putting both on the same side. This would make it possible to charge the laptop from either side.
- Price: I think $1499 (for the 512gb model) is too much. At the time of writing this review, Amazon is including a $300 gift card, and that makes it easier to swallow.
THE TRULY AWFUL:
- Webcam: I can't think of a single scenario where using this webcam would be acceptable. Even for just casual video chatting, it's awful. I like that it can be hidden, but the positioning makes it impossible to get a "normal" view of your face. Not to mention the actual camera quality is poor as well. It's a 1MP camera.
- Touchpad: It's a Precision touchpad, but it sure doesn't feel like it. It doesn't even compare to the Surface touchpads. Even the "click" is very cheap feeling. Not to mention, the touchpad rattles quite a bit. Not what I expected for a $1500 device.
- Coil Whine: Similar to the older Dell XPS 13, this unit has quite a bit of coil whine. It's amplified when plugged in. This is pretty unfortunate, but some people won't notice it.
- Fan Noise: It's pretty much always on. It's not obnoxious, but it's loud enough to hear it in a very quiet room. If the laptop isn't plugged in and is on power saver mode, the fans do quiet down. On (almost) every other laptop, the fan is actually connected to a metal heatsink. On this laptop, there's about 0.5cm of space between the fan and the heatsink. This is just bad design and incredibly inefficient.
As for what comes in the box, you get:
- The laptop
- Power brick
- 2m long USB C cable
- A USB C dongle with VGA, USB A, HDMI, and charging passthrough. This DOES NOT support 4k@60hz, but hey, its included.
TL;DR: This machine is 90% of a MacBook Pro for ~70% of the price. It's a great value compared to a Mac, but compared to other Windows laptops, I think it's priced too high, especially for a "new" brand like Huawei.
Leave a comment if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
I didn't use the laptop for a few months as I was still using my Macbook Air. Boy do I regret waiting. I thought there was something wrong with the trackpad as it would keep going crazy. Turns out it wasn't the track pad but was the touch screen. There was a hairline crack in it that I couldnt see while using it. It must've been damaged in shipping as it seems other people have had this problem...
On top of that it whines, gets hot, the track pad feels cheap and loose. The final nail in the coffin is that the webcam/ microphone don't work in applications like Google Chrome or Opera. I can't video chat via Facebook or Gmail which renders the laptop basically useless for me.
I have contacted Huawei about this. They want $400 to replace the screen... I asked them also about the camera/mic problem. They told me to just reset the laptop to factory settings, even though I have barely used the thing.
At this point I just want to return it but I am outside of Amazon's return window. I highly regret purchasing this laptop. Don't make the same mistake.
● Its stunning display. Since the refresh rate isn't listed by Amazon, this ultrabook's display runs at 60Hz. I'd wish for a higher refresh rate, but if that is to keep the price down then it is what it is.
● Excellent build quality (albeit nearly identical to the Macbook but that's a good thing if you are into a minimalist style).
● The keyboard is excellent. It travels well, and coming from a desktop keyboard, I got used to it rather quickly.
● The price. The initial price you can get this for is such a steal with what comes included and the specs. You would be spending an upwards of $2k for numerous brands with similar specs as the high-end X Pro. (At the time of this writing, I would advise visiting Microsoft's or Newegg's store and purchasing it at a more retail price compared to what sellers on here may offer).
● Best speakers I have ever listened to on an ultrabook.
● The hidden webcam is a perfect idea for the majority of users who rarely use a webcam and take privacy as a big deal (you can even disable the webcam from being recognized by POST via disabling it within the BIOS settings).
● The web cam is in an awkward place but since I hardly use a webcam, I don't see it as a big deal. (Just buy a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p Camera, Desktop or Laptop Webcam and use that USB A port this ultrabook has included to your advantage).
● The keyboard's backlight has three modes that can be set with its dedicated function key: off, low brightness, and high brightness. I would rather have a plain and simple on and off function but that's not the main complaint. The complaint is after nearly 15 seconds of not typing anything, the backlight turns itself off. This is troublesome at night when you're reading an article or watching a video and you can barely see the keyboard when you want to type again because the keyboard light turns itself off.
● I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶c̶k̶p̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶-̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶c̶k̶p̶a̶d̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶s̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶d̶g̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶w̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶f̶i̶c̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶c̶h̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶ (EDIT: not an issue, I was told it's a feature on Windows laptops).
● The heat dissipation on this ultrabook is horrible. You will find that just mere web browsing will make the machine quite warm (I normally see the processor float in the range of 40-50 C when doing everyday tasks and reaching 70 degrees when gaming). I tried to undervolt the CPU some and while it did help a tad bit, it wasn't enough to keep the whole bottom of the chassis from getting awkwardly warm every now and then.
So if you can get past the few caveats the Matebook X Pro has, you will find yourself loving this product at first sight.
Over a year later:
I still have the same laptop and it's held up pretty solid since my review. I've added thermal mods and repaste the GPU and CPU from the stock solution. Heat isn't much of an issue anymore. r/MatebookXPro has helpful guides and other mods that might be of interest.
Top reviews from other countries
I bought this computer for my partner last month. The screen was a bit hard to happen at first. At the 4 time she opens it (give it to her last week) the screen + screen case completely detached of the rest!? Pretty sure that the hinge was incorrectly installed...
It's the first Huawey laptop that I buy and I am not sure I will ever buy another one! Maybe we were not lucky with the product, but when you put this amount of money in a laptop you hope that it actually resist a bit longer than a week!
Feedback of the return ... It's a pain, it takes ages to answer, even if it's clearly a hidden defect they REJECTED my return demand. Be smarter than me and don't buy this product !