- Age Range: 10 and up
- Grade Level: 5 - 3
- Series: Heroes for Young Readers
- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: YWAM Publishing (March 1, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1576582345
- ISBN-13: 978-1576582343
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 0.3 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,001,110 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.75 shipping
Hudson Taylor: Friend of China (Heroes for Young Readers) Hardcover – March 1, 2004
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Heroes for Young Readers - Hudson Taylor: Friend of China
Heroes for Young Readers
Rhyming, hardcover picture books all ages will treasure! Introduce young children to the exciting true stories of Christian heroes!
Whether reading for themselves or being read to, children love the captivating rhyming poems and unforgettable color illustrations of the Heroes for Young Readers series.
- There are currently 23 books in the series
- Written for ages 4-10
- Picture books with full color illustrations throughout
Friend of China
"We're going inland," Hudson said,
'where few white men have gone.
Our British clothes will look quite strange.
Let's dress like we belong.'
And so they put on Chinese suits,
pajama-like and blue,
and then to fir in even better
added curled-up shoes.
- Other missionaries laughed when blond-haired, blue-eyed Hudson Taylor (1832-1905) announced his plans to serve God among the people of China.
- He was so pale; the Chinese would think he was a ghost! But Hudson knew that God had called him to spread the gospel in that ancient land, and he believed that God would help him.
- This young man's faith led to the founding of the China Inland Mission and firmly established the gospel of Jesus in the hearts of Chinese people.
About the Author
Renee Meloche is the author of the Heroes for Young Readers series, written to inspire children to dream big, stand tall for God, and be a hero. A graduate YWAM's School of Creative Ministries, Renee has worked as a missionary overseas. She served aboard the mercy ship, the Anastasis, where she first dreamed of writing true stories that would encourage children to discover the wonder and joy that awaits them when they live their lives for God.