- Age Range: 10 - 14 years
- Grade Level: 5 - 9
- Series: Christian Heroes: Then & Now
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: YWAM Publishing; First Paperback Edition edition (May 1, 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1576580164
- ISBN-13: 978-1576580165
- Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 0.6 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 27 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #237,801 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Hudson Taylor: Deep in the Heart of China (Christian Heroes: Then & Now) Paperback – May 1, 1998
|New from||Used from|
The World's Most Valuable Children's Books
Humble children's books from years past can be immensely valuable. Learn more on AbeBooks.com.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Janet and Geoff Benge are a husband-and-wife writing team with more than twenty years of writing experience. Janet is a former elementary-school teacher. Geoff holds a degree in history. Originally from New Zealand, the Benges spent ten years serving with Youth With A Mission.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 60%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
Positives of this series:
1) Great introductory overviews of the lives and ministries of the individuals.
2) Basic reading level for an increasingly illiterate culture
3) Short enough to be read quickly in a culture with an increasingly short attention span
4) Available in Kindle and audio book for the technologically inclined
5) Well written and holds your attention without being exaggerated and exploitative
6) Chapters are short and can easily be read to children at bedtime or by adults on lunch breaks
Negatives of this series:
1) Due to their brevity and target audience the series does not deal with the more negative aspects of an individual's struggles with sin and the weaknesses in their personality as sinners saved by grace.
2) Does not come across as hagiography (so idealizing the person that it borders on idolatry) but these introductions are not the place to get the full picture of these godly but imperfect champions for God. Instead they are great springboards to more extensive biographies that deal with the fuller picture of these heroic but very human Christ followers.