Huffy Kids Bike for Boys
|Wheel size||20 Inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- This Quick Connect kids bike makes assembly fast and easy - follow these simple steps to get riding in just minutes; insert fork and handlebar - fold pedals down until they click in place - insert seat and adjust
- Huffy's Valcon is ideal for ages 5-9 and a rider height of 44-56 inches; the sleek charcoal gray frame with vibrant orange accents, the rugged 20-inch tires and full suspension make this 6-speed bike ready for real riding adventures
- The 6-speed indexed Shimano derailleur combines with twist grip shifting for smooth transitions; removable rear derailleur guard protects the gears; front and rear steel linear pull handbrakes provide consistent, dependable stopping action on demand
- Durable hi-ten steel frame is backed by our limited lifetime warranty (see owner's manual for details); Kolo front suspension fork and rear spring shock absorb bumps for a smoother ride; trailing edge tires provide good traction in wet and dry conditions
- Great design, 6 speeds, full suspension, front and rear handbrakes - the Valcon is the right choice when your child is done with training wheels and ready for more adventurous riding; kickstand included
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
|Age range||5 to 9 years old|
|Ideal rider height||44-56 inches|
|Wheel diameter||20 inches|
Quick Connect design makes assembly fast and simple.
The Huffy Valcon 20" mountain bike comes with a pre-installed front wheel and easy-align head tube that make it a breeze to put together.
Twist Shifter with 6 Speeds
The Huffy Valcon's twist shifter is paired with a Shimano rear derailleur to provide 6 speeds with gearing that's comfortable for kids to tackle big hills or cruise down the sidewalk.
20" Huffy Valcon Kids Mountain Bike
Shimano Rear Derailleur
Valcon includes a premium Shimano rear derailleur that provides seamless, reliable shifting between six speeds.
The Valcon kids mountain bike has a suspension shock on the rear sub frame that absorbs bumps and dips.
This kids bike also features a front suspension fork that keeps the front wheel planted on bumpy trails for improved handling and control.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Initial thoughts (won't know more till the boy rides it). Strictly based on assembly and things I noticed while doing so.
* Packaging is poor (some parts covered in foam and plastic were still scratched or beat up) and parts of the box were torn.
* Bent parts made installing the front tire a lot longer than expected (30 minutes). One of the orange axel connectors to the steering arm was bent so much; the tire wouldn't even line up. I had to bend it to match the other side. (see picture of corrected arm - still a little bent, but tire now fits)
* Cracked brake adjustment screw case made final brake adjustment challenging. Had to adjust the brake by loosing/tightening the brake cable. This was a pain. I've never had to do that before, just adjusting the screws on the brakes usually gets the desired result, but this one came cracked and didn't seem to work as expected. (see picture)
* Front brake cable cut too short. Default cable length needed adjustment before the brake arms could be clasped after tire installation.
* Kickstand is stiff
* Lowest seat settings is 26" from ground. (I was told 22" by the manufacturer via a question i sent here on amazon). It's the only reason why i didn't send it back when it arrived and pushed through adjusting the brakes manually, but now that it is assembled, it is not 22". 4" Doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm worried he's not going to be able ride safely now.
* Assembly took over 1 1/2 hours (I'm pretty handy and I assembled 2 adult Schwins in 1 hour, so, yeah..)
* Derailer came with a guard
* Very good looking bike
* Seat quick release works fantastic
I will update the review after I give it to my son. If he hates it, it's going back even though it took forever to assemble and will be difficult to repack.