Other Sellers on Amazon
Hugger Mugger Cotton Yoga Rug
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This woven cotton rug will absorb your perspiration and help you maintain your poses without slipping. It is popular for Power Yoga,Ashtanga Yoga and Bikram Yoga. Practice rugs are widely used in yoga classes in Mysore,India,where Ashtanga is taught. We recommend using one of our Tapas Basic or Original Tapas Mats under your rug to keep it from moving on the floor. Measures 28 inches x 74 inches,100% Cotton. Now with new color options with green,purple,multi&ndsh;stripe in earth tones. All blankets have pretty stripes.
Color: Caribbean Blue
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
• Durable, well made, 100% cotton so no worries about chemicals.
• Can be machine or hand washed, unlike foam mats. I've washed mine twice in the two years I've had it, and it's not lost any threads.
• Natural feeling with the fibers and lack of chemical smells
• This is a mat you can use for 20 years, break it in, get it dusty and worn down, and it'll just get better with age.
• Great for Bikram hot yoga, or any yoga where you will be sweating a lot, as it actually soaks up the sweat.
• Lack of grip and cushion means your poses will be harder to hold, but this means you strengthen your core muscles and joint muscles by having to more naturally hold these poses without the mats help. This is a mat for more experienced yogis who know the poses and their bodies, and aren't afraid of having to put a little more effort into them.
• Loses the non-slip appeal of the standard artificial mats, so not advised for hardwood floors, but great on grass, concrete, and carpet.
• The cushion is a soft rug feel, not the squishy foam cushion of most mats.
• Lack of grip and cushion means your poses will be harder to hold, but as explained above, that's also a good thing, just not for beginners.
Overall, I'm very pleased and proud of my mat. It's done well so far, and I've even used it on hardwood at gym yoga classes - you just have to be mindful. I wish the bottom had some form of non-slip material woven in, but as is this is an all around great yoga mat for a good price.
UPDATE: After several washes and countless yoga practices on the grass, hardwood, carpet, and pavement, this mat has held up remarkably! I'm very happy with it, but I try to use this just on carpet now so I don't slip. For my classes that are on hardwood, I use another rubber mat underneath this one. After 2 years, this mat is still doing great.
But as soon as I washed it, the colors bled and caused staining on the white stripes of the rug. Which is unfortunate. I really liked the product otherwise.
Most recent customer reviews
It does cover the floor. and currently that is what I am using it for.
And there are articles on the web saying that a cotton rug is good for good yoga...Read more