Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on March 2, 2017
Simply, this is a fine movie that is enhanced by quality 3d with wonderful images and a very enjoyable tale. Groups of friends and family have come to watch on 3d with unanimous laughter and cheers. By example, this is on par with the loved 3d Tintin.
on January 2, 2018
If you're looking for a fantastic film to watch with the family without having to see anything inappropriate Hugo is the film. It captures a sense of beauty and magic that in my opinion, few films manage to do. It is a great story too. The actors, especially the child actors are wonderful and likable. Along with The Little Princess and Duma, Hugo is one of those movies that when it was over we all just looked at each other and said: "That was a good movie!"
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 26, 2016
When I first saw this, it seemed a little vacuous and disjointed. But I watched a couple more times and the more I watch it, the more filmic references I get. It's like reading those magazines in the doctor's office asking you to find the hidden pictures. It's just terrific in 3-d.
A fantastic movie about the power films, imagination, and dreamers, I absolutely loved this movie. The performances are terrific, especially from the young stars, and the supporting cast of veterans is top-notch. It's easy to see why this movie won the Academy award for cinematography and special effects, as both aspects of Hugo are dazzling. Fans of classic cinema, adventure, and historical fiction should definitely not miss Hugo.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 29, 2014
Scorsese is definitely a born teacher and keeper of the flame. To fight for the preservation of one of the 20th century's art forms with undying passion and then using the most current techniques to tell a story of one of the innovators of magic via film seems a perfect focus for this journey. In the theatre, on a large screen, in brillantly executed 3D, the film did for me what I suppose the oncoming train did for the unjaded film audiences in the early 1900's. The work is an homage to everything cinematic, the story is touching and revealing, and the cast plays their notes with heartbreaking reality. It is a joy to relive at each screening.
on June 30, 2014
Hugo was a cool flick. Film preservation is something I think is good and important, but not really something that’s personally important to me. So the message of the movie didn’t connect with me very deeply. But it’s got a cool story, good visuals, and good acting. It’s pretty fun in 3D too if you’re looking to expand your 3D library. Overall I enjoyed it, but I don’t go around recommending it to friends or anything.
on December 29, 2015
We got a 3D TV and I never really used the feature. Had a bunch of people coming to stay and thought it might be fun to get some glasses and try out the feature. This movie was the first we watched and I'm really glad we did. Cute story great for all ages but has the masterful cinematography and directing behind it to keep even the biggest movie buffs entertained.
on December 23, 2014
Great movie. Should have been best picture and probably would have been if not for Hollywood politics. The 3D treatment and use were exactly what should have been used by many others who have not and consequently given 3D a somewhat bad reputation. 3D is a difficult medium in which to work and it takes real craftsmanship to do it well and not have everything popping into your lap just for effect. When used properly such as in this fine film, 3D proves it can add unmeasurable enjoyment to good story telling.
on March 2, 2012
The Best 3D Movie Since Avatar, but nothing like Avatar. This is a visually stunning movie and none of the quality is lost on the 3D blu ray. The color, lighting and camera work produced a montage that was a wonder to behold. The direction was as close to perfect as you are likely to see. It had a precision that made everything come together. All the acting was spot on with no one seeming to be over the top, including Sacha Baron Cohen. The casting definitely put the right actors in the roles. The score fit the movie so well that at times, you almost didn't realize it was there, and I mean that in a positive way. The storyline turned in unexpected ways but was never jarring in how it did so. It was never dull and always entertaining.
on December 14, 2016
See the trailer. If you find it interesting, you will love the movie. My wife and I first saw it in 2D. We loved it so much we bought the 3D version a few days later and watched it again. Wonderful, wonderful!