- Age Range: 4 - 8 years
- Grade Level: Preschool - 3
- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: DK; Har/Dvdr edition (April 30, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0756628652
- ISBN-13: 978-0756628659
- Product Dimensions: 9.9 x 1.2 x 12 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (119 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #67,641 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Human Body Book (Book & DVD) Har/Dvdr Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
". . . combines jaw-dropping illustrations with meaty captions and commentary to give "Eyewitness" graduates a mesmerizing tour of the body's parts and common diseases." -- School Library Journal, July 2007
For kids interested in bodies and how they work--and who aren't ready to dig into Grey's Anatomy--there's no better reference than this vividly illustrated book. -- Entertainment Weekly
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Unlike the other previously-published DK Human Body books, like the pocket-sized blue-covered Human Body book, this book has 3 distinguishing features:
1) Amazing 3D computer-generated digital art, complemented with high-quality photographs. Some of the best features about this book are the amazing digital art, book design, and overall aesthetic impression.
2) Detailed, up-to-date extensive text that covers human anatomy, physiology, and diseases. The text is much more detailed and extensive than most other DK Human Body books. There are also a lot of "infoboxes" and some very helpful tables and charts.
3) An interactive DVD (for computers) containing computer-animated clips of the body. There are also anatomy atlases of the organ systems, which displays names of specific parts when the cursor is rolled over it.
Overall, this book is highly colorful with hundreds of astonishing 3D images. I highly recommend this book for people of all ages and education levels, and it is perfect as a coffee table book, educational resource, or reference. You will NOT regret buying this book, and considering that you are buying a high-quality book and DVD together for only about $20, The Human Body Book is actually quite a bargain!
This book has some amazing high quality images. If you're as big of a nerd as I am, seeing a massive 2 page digital image of an axion, or a detailed look at muscle fiber is breath taking. While there are a few incorrect facts and a few mislabeled body parts (the inner ear bones come to mind) I've heard these were corrected on newer prints.
Even if you're not a nerd, the images are amazing and should grab the attention and fascination of anyone with an even passing curiosity about the human body. I hope DK continues to make books like this (I'm thinking a cellular biology book with this detail would be amazing!), and look forward to purchasing the Human Brain Book.
If you're on the fence about this book, go to your local book shop, take a quick look at the book, then come back and click 'Add to Cart'.
There are many dynamic and interesting views of the material covered, but that is set back by some of the textures on the models. It seems like a few extra months were needed for the book so that some finishing touches could be applied.
One thing that does irk me is that the nerves are green...
As a collector of anatomy, medical, histology, and biology books, I can recommend this book; but will stipulate that there are others that I definitely prefer.
I also just recently picked up The Brain Book done by the same people, and it is just as amazing as this one. Buy them both!