Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 54 reviews
on January 27, 2013
So far I've watched the Zanskar river journey (which was free), and the Jungle episode.

There were some interesting things in the Zanskar river journey, but on the whole it seemed a cheap knockoff of the quality of Planet Earth -- Peep Show goes to India.

Fortunately, I soldiered on to the Jungle episode. I'm glad I did, as it was simply amazing. I loved Planet Earth. The jungle episode was actually a notch better. Monkey hunting with blowdarts (the hunters' monkey calls were priceless), kids hunting tarantulas, a woman breastfeeding a monkey, images of uncontacted jungle peoples in Brazil, the guy who climes an extremely tall tree while being stung by swarming bees to get their honey...

I'll be watching more.
on July 3, 2017
Great show. Also nice they don't censor "bad" body parts like other networks do.
on April 20, 2017
Not as good as I thought it would be. It still had a lot of good information.
on October 8, 2013
We really enjoy this show. However make sure you grab the free preview. It's about 20 minutes long. I watched it first & that's when I decided I had to have the whole series. There is quite a bit in the preview that isn't shown in the episodes & it's quite entertaining. It amazes me some of the places humans decide to live. And what they go through on a daily basis just to do "everyday" sort of living. I think I will stick with my nice comfy home but hats off to those who decide to brave the planet!
on November 3, 2016
Love the series and I love showing the episodes to my 5th grade students in Social Studies so they can see how others around the world live.
on May 6, 2016
The forests episode blew my flippin mind!!
on November 4, 2012
These are really fascinating documentaries. I don't like the Amazon movie format but these documentaries are real eye-openers. In typical BBC style the camera work is incredible, although you sometimes get the impression you end up watching the same scene repeatedly from different improbable angles. The anthropology is somewhat shallow. We are introduced to families rather than cultures. But that probably has more popular appeal anyway.
on May 20, 2013
This series is amazing; my fiancée and I are studying archaeology and anthropology together and we have been looking for a series that blends environments and humanity. This series shows how people are resilient enough to live anywhere on earth and goes into depth about how the indigenous people live in these extreme conditions. All in all, it's an eye opening program that entertains and educates.
on August 17, 2015
This is an excellent documentary series on how humans have managed to live successfully for thousands of years in a variety of biomes. The story line and photography are superb. If I couls give it six stars I would.
on August 11, 2013
my grandmother loves watching nature documentaries. I bought her this set (in addition to some others) and she loves it. it has a very good overview of different kinds of cultures and how they live on planet earth. my grandma has watched it a few dozen times and still manages to find "new" things that she hasn't seen before on this series.