Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 146 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 162 reviews
on March 15, 2013
The author writes smoothly and engages the audience with useful examples of what's being discussed. For example, the chapter on discrimination was peppered with case law in a way that made you want to know more. It could have been a very dry chapter, but the author has an engaging writing style.

PS: There's a newer version of the book. Do not pay more than $50 for the 12th edition, or $30 for the global edition of the 12th edition.

Happy learning:-)
on July 28, 2016
The book arrived in great condition and is exactly what I had hoped for. After thumbing through it, I was surprised to see how well written it is. I'm remarkably satisfied.
on May 8, 2017
Excellent price for this book. Got it in plenty of time for the class. Better than spending over 150 dollars for the same book.
on May 3, 2013
I enjoy the author's humor and personal vignettes - he told us how Hurricane Katrina affected him, but other than that, I'm having a hard time being drawn in. I enjoy Human Relations, so it's not the subject. To be fair, this is an older edition. The newer edition(s) could be more livelier.
on November 7, 2016
Great book for my first MHRM class. It provided me with a lot of insight on HR and examples on how things work in the professional world. I enjoyed reading the scenarios at the end of each chapter and thinking about my own point of view on how I would handle that type of situation.
on September 18, 2015
The book was in great condition and is what I needed for class, thanks!
on April 24, 2017
great
on October 15, 2010
This book goes over a little bit of everything... good to get your feet wet. I am sure I will need to buy some supplements to go in depth into some of the areas mentioned in the book, but it def got my interest!
on November 3, 2015
This was a required textbook for my class in MBA curriculum. It was a book that I kept after the class was over! I never knew there was so much involved in Human Resources and eventually I'd like to start my own business so this book will be a great reference tool!
on April 14, 2013
The concepts that are presented in the book are fine, however, the writing and editing are terrible.
- Sentences are often unclear and poorly constructed
- I've found numerous mistakes throughout the book.
- Within each chapter there seems to be very little thought given to creating a logical flow from one concept to the next.
- There is frequent and unnecessary repetition.
- At time, examples in the 'competing through ...' sections have little relevance to the surrounding material.
- In some chapters real world examples in the text seem excessive while in other places they are non-existent.

Overall, it feels like the book was cobbled together from other sources rather than being written as a coherent text book. One of the worst written text books I have encountered.