Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on June 5, 2002
Having bought and absolutely loved Effigy of the Forgotten and Pierced from Within, I bought Human Waste mostly because I found a cheap copy. I had heard it had rougher production (which is true, but not a bad thing at all) and that it was short (also true), so I didn't expect much.
I was impressed! I like it as much as Effigy and Pierced, which are widely regarded as their two best albums. The production is a bit reverby, but actually quite fine. The songwriting is very brutal and if this album were by any other death metal band it would probably be that band's premier release. Frank Mullen's growl is a bit rougher and more difficult to understand on this release than on future releases. But he's still my favorite death growler by far. I don't slavishly adore every death metal band by any means, but so far I love everything I've heard Suffocation do.
I've deducted a star, however, because all of the songs on Human Waste except for the title track appear on future Suffocation releases. Infecting The Crypts, Mass Obliteration, and Jesus Wept appear on Effigy of the Forgotten. This album is well worth picking up used, however. If you're new to the band, get Effigy and Pierced and then consider getting Human Waste.
on February 18, 2016
Great Old School Death Metal album. Raw and aggressive! If you like Suffocation's old material, get this immediately!
on September 2, 2002
This is as good as it gets, although a little short. Brutal Man.