Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 2, 2015
I love these. I have bought several over the last couple of years. I travel for work and have used a lot of different kinds of tubes. Nothing has come close as to performing as well as these do. The great thing is that they are food safe too. Kind of nice to be able to take my raw honey on the road with me.

Word of caution: They don't do well with castile soap. I use Dr Bronner's tea tree soap on my face, and find it leaks. I spent a year with that issue, where I'd have to triple wrap it to keep it from leaking all over everything. Until I saw an online tip: I take some cling wrap and place it on the tube before I put the cap on (see pictures). No issues after that!!!!! So if you find your particular product leaks, give that tip a try!

I will mention, that sometimes (rarely), I get a lid that breaks on me. Out of maybe twenty of these tubes, that's happened like maybe three times to me. I never contacted the company about it, although I guess I could. Don't let a broken one detour you, they are great little tubes! I just figured it was from all the use I put them through, being on the road like I am I use them every day.
review imagereview image
66 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 6, 2016
This was so disappointing for me. I read such great reviews and I have them on my first trip with me now and when I landed from the airplane and opened my suitcase, one of the bottles had significantly expanded permanently and had leaked everywhere, emptying all the contents of the bottle. For this price point, this is completely unacceptable.
review image
11 comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 20, 2014
I should have read the negative reviews. I bought 2 sets and they all leak. Someone needs to pull this off the market and redesign. BTW they leak even if you aren't flying. One came damaged around the opening.
review image
0Comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 18, 2016
I wanted to love these but they leak everywhere. I arrived to find my toiletries bag filled with conditioner and my husband's shower gel leaked as well. I am posting a photo because the gel was blue and you can see how it leaked all throughout the (clear) cap, not just from under the lid.
review image
22 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 30, 2016
These little bottles have a lot to recommend them, BUT they cannot be used for products that contain silicone. If your product contains an ingredient that ends in -cone, the product will separate as the liquid silicones react with the silicone of the bottle. I forgot about this phenomenon, and now our GoTube of Vanicream sunscreen is a GoTube of glop.

Products that work well with these:

*Aquaphor: we use store brand Aquaphor as a barrier cream for our cloth diapers. I melt a little Aquaphor in the microwave, pour it in the tube (propped inside a small jar), and leave the upturned tube in the fridge for a few hours to solidify. Much more economical that buying the travel size Aquaphor tubes for the diaper bag.

*Eucerin & Nivea creams: We prefer the kind that comes in a jar, but we aren't in love with sticking our hands in the jar. Filling these with thick cream is a bit tricky. The best solution I have found is using a icing bag and piping tip intended for making filled cupcakes. There will be some waste with this method, but I turn the spent icing bag inside out and rub it on my legs to use the cream that is clinging to the inside.

Other Things to Consider:

*These are bulky: The bottles themselves are thick and take up a lot of room in your quart sized bag. We love these for situations where space isn't at such a premium: around the house, in the diaper bag, and at the pool. I think they will be fine in our checked luggage. If I were carrying on, I would choose something else.

*Thicker products are better: Aquaphor, Eucerin, Nivea, most lotions and shampoos? Yes. Dr. Bronner's? No. Mouthwash? Absolutely not. If it pours easily, needs to go in a bottle.

*Dishwasher safe-ish: The bottle itself comes through with flying colors in the top rack. One of my caps has warped after being washed in a top-rack dishwasher basket.

*Not bottle brush friendly: Neither of my baby bottle brushes will fit through the necks of these. The thick brush of my Oxo sippy cup brush cleaning set isn't long enough to reach the bottom of the tube.
on March 2, 2018
I've had the next smaller size for 10+ years and they're 5-star great. Got this larger size in order to have higher capacity. Materials are great, but I learned the hard way to avoid putting lateral stress on the cap. This size has a distinct neck that carries a practical design flaw: it weakens the connection with the cap. If stress is placed on that connection, the neck can't fully seal with the cap, and contents can slowly leak out. Please note that the leaking occurs ONLY if too much stress is placed on the cap-neck connection (e.g., something heavy on top of it). Otherwise the seal is every bit as good as the smaller size. The smaller size has no neck, and is as wide as the cap, which makes for a very strong connection. I still use these larger tubes but now carry them sealed in a plastic bag. I wish the design was the same as the smaller size, but expect the neck is needed to reduce overall size. I'd like to have given a top rating, but having to clean body wash out of my gym bag and everything in it cost two stars.
on September 6, 2016
These soft tubes are a nice idea, but they don't meet the minimum requirements for travel containers - they leak all over, and they interact with a number of products. I reviewed the list of no-no products on their site, and neither my shampoo nor my face wash (not a salicylic acid or acne wash, just plain old Neutrogena) are on the list, but both turned runny and leaked after being in the tubes. I tried refilling the tubes several times to see if the first was a fluke, and each time, the shampoo and face wash would both start out as a thick gel, but then by the end of a week, they'd be a liquid. And at that point, the tubes would leak all over - after the 3rd week spent washing my dopp kit in the hotel sink, I was pretty done with these. Long story short, while the design and core functionality is nice, it's not worth the risk of a blowout all over your bag.
on January 7, 2017
I honestly don't know how to review these. At first, they were leaking like crazy, and I was intent on returning them. After a couple of hours they were repacked, and ready to be returned when my wife wanted to take some pictures of them to showcase just how badly they were leaking. We did the same test we had originally done, I filled them with water, and squeezed them tightly to see if they would continue to leak. The first time we had tried this, they had gushed water out. The second time, they surprisingly kept all the water in them no matter how hard I squeezed. I am not sure why this is the case - we sealed the bottles the same way both times, and the results were the same for all the bottles.

I'm left wondering if I should keep these, or return them to amazon. The only thing I can think of is that temperature might play some part - it was very cold outside when I got the package (about 22 degrees Fahrenheit), and we tested them immediately. Then after a couple of hours of being in our house at a warmer temperature they were able to keep the water contained.
on April 30, 2015
Love these for more than just shampoo! I have now purchased my third set and tell all my friends, family and clients to get these. I use them for travel portions of shampoos and the such but where I find them particularly helpful is packing my lunch-I use for salad dressing, cream for my coffee, and other condiments. No leakage, no extra air gets in to prematurely spoil the product, I can add as little or as much as I want (easy to squeeze a drop or squeeze harder to empty the contents). I also find them easy to clean. I add a drop of soap and warm water, put top back on and shake, then rinse and then put in dishwasher on one of the spokes of top rack and twist off the top and put in with the silverware. They come out still a little wet and then I air dry them.
on February 7, 2018
I want to like these, but they're not working out as well as I'd hoped.

The plus side of these is that if you don't have problems with them, they're a nice size, easy to fill, easy to squeeze out whatever you put inside, and they're easy to take apart and clean. I like the wide tops and how the top and silicone parts fit together. It's a nice design.

What didn't work for me:

Although it has a place to write what you put in it, I can't find a pen that will write on that surface and stay. But it's a nice idea. It's also too small an area to really read the included raised label words. This isn't so terrible because I can see what I put in the tubes, since they're not opaque. But the label feature just doesn't work for me.

My bigger problem is that not all creams and liquids work well with silicone, and it's a little bit trial and error to figure out what you can store in these and what you can't.

My shampoo is doing ok in one tube, but when I tried to clean out the tube and use it for something else, I could not get the shampoo smell out the silicone no matter what I tried. So that will forever be THAT shampoo's tube! Other than not being able to get that shampoos smell out of that tube, it's working well.

My face soap is not doing well in another tube. It seems to have caused the silicone to soften and change shape, so that the plastic cap at the top no longer fits snugly and falls off easily.

I've bought the GoTubbs (which are round hard plastic containers) and I love those so far, but the GoToobs are kind of hit or miss for me. Silicone works well for some creams and liquids but can absorb and warp with others, and finding out which toiletry products will work ok is partially trial and error. But it's kind of an expensive trial and error for me! So I probably won't buy more of these.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.