Deal of the Day: "M*A*S*H: The Complete Series + Movie" on DD
Today only, save big on this M*A*S*H bundle, which includes all 11 seasons of the hit television show and the feature film. This offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Wednesday, July 27, 2016. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The music was absolutely gorgeous and created a frame for the narrative. And the lighting and effects were enough for this viewer to suspend disbelief. I think it is sad that viewers have become so jaded that special effects comparisons even have to be made. Remember the very first Star Trek shows? I accepted every bit of it. And, compared to today's technology, one could easily criticize those special effects too.
At the end of the day, it's the story. And this one is thought provoking and provocative. I'd recommend it!
* Special effects, most of them very colorful and appropriate.
* The music is moving and powerful
* The introduction of the movie retells human history, and the ending wraps the story up in a similarly ambitious way.
* A few of the effects are overdone and some are inappropriate. For example, gigantic explosions are scaled-down and placed into a firefight.
* The same music is repeatedly used and begins to lose its impact.
* The story is essentially that of Battlestar Galactica (old or new series), so it is not original.
* Many of the scenes involve sophmoric dialogue and humor that are uncomfortable to watch.
* The hero is immature, crude, and has no redeeming qualities. Every other character has more charm than he does. And this is what makes the movie different; he is intentionally scripted as an unsympatheic, immature character.
* The hero is analogous to the Christ of the Christian New Testament.
* The female characters are the actual heroines of the story. They should be seen as the characters who actually move the story along.
If you have read this far, then you may be patient enough to watch this movie and ignore the hero.
Now, i just discovered this "Humanity's End" the other day, and i thought i was in for a really, really bad catastrophe movie. The trailer seemed to have something appealing, but at the same time it made the movie look like much worse that actually is. In fact, the only thing real bad on "Humanity's End" it's the tittle !! What a lousy name for such a great little space adventure ! Someone should rename this movie and release it again, because despite being an independent production with lots of flaws and an obvious lack of budget it manages to be one of the most fun and pure Space-Operas out there in the best Doc Smith 30's classic style made with modern a look.
It feels like an imaginative clone of Serenity with all the good fun in place mixed with something like the adventures of Han Solo's red-neck lost cousin with a touch of forbidden archeology themes mixed in it (Zacharia Sitchin/Richard Hoagland/Coast to Coast Radio)and the fact is that everything works perfectly.
"Humanity's End" has a strange feel to it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
much of the movie reminded me of star wars. but not that good.Published 17 months ago by butch buchanan
It's a fun, low budget sci fi movie with bouts of humor smattered throughout.Published 20 months ago by Todd Groves
This movie is worth watching "1" time & "1" time only... it was a budget *B* film.
It was campy and fun to watch this Budget "B" film that not only had great special... Read more
totaly refreshing with character acting, pretty women, and special effects, this movie outshines many sci-fi movies. Read morePublished on December 11, 2011 by carols
When a distant race called the Nephilim makes it their task to erase humanity from the face of the galaxy, it's up to one man and one woman on a remote planet to avoid death and... Read morePublished on January 20, 2011 by James C. Ward
Humanity's End is literally one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It has a nearly incomprehensible plot, what little there is of it, about a future where there are constructs,... Read morePublished on October 25, 2010 by John Thornton
They overdid the intro. The story wants to be complex but in reality its a simple story.
It's a hack and combination of Star Wars, Macross, and other sci-fi... Read more