Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Humble Bumbles Baby Journal” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 58% off the $19.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Humble Bumbles Baby Journal Diary – July 1, 2002
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
This gentle, appealing baby keepsake book is the best I've ever seen (and I am VERY particular when it comes to these types of things :) ) The characters are sweet and the pages inviting. I found it hard to find a book that was appropriate for a boy, yet this one has a remarkable way of being suitable for either boy or girl. (I have almost decided to purchase one for my daughter and redo hers with the Humble Bumbles!) The colors are rich, yet soft jewel tones, and there is quite a bit of space to paste your pictures, especially if you crop some of them first.
I was especially pleased with the guided journal sections and the special moment highlight pages. There was ample space to answer the questions, but not so much as to feel compelled to write volumes. (Being a writer, I well know the pressure of feeling as if you have to fill in all the lines in order to be completed!) As well, the small pockets for things like a locket of hair or the baby bracelet were perfect, and we are really enjoying the included growth chart!Read more ›
Parents of other faiths (or none of the above) and those seeking a neutral journal will probably not find this one works for them. Other than that, the illustrations were cute and the rest of the design and production quality seemed fine.
1) It's gender-neutral (we didn't know what we were having)
2) There are several pockets, so you can save a lock of hair, hospital bracelet, or whatever you want.
3) There are pages that are almost blank, so you can write whatever you want, as well as pages that ask specific things like, homecoming, first holidays, first outing, etc. And there are lots of pages for photos, and these really cute cardboard picture frames for matting your photos are included.
4) It's not at all cheesy. We wound up having a boy, and I think this book is something he'll be able to enjoy when he's a little older. It's not a whole bunch of pastels, nor is it filled with racecars and trains. The colors are somewhat bold, with lots of purples, greens, and yellows, as well as as some pinks and blues. There are quotes on the bottom of every page. And there's a little picture of a bear on every page. One of my favorite things about this book is that each page is different. There are many color schemes, and the bear pictures are all unique, so when I show this to my son in a few years, he won't get bored.
5) It's not ridiculously expensive. I paid $20 for mine, and I think it's well worth it.
Some of the topics covered in this book are: Visitors, About Your World, Celebrating, Your Favorite Things, there are pages about relatives, First Tooth, and there's a growth chart, which I'm definitely planning on using.
I highly recommend this book. I wish I had had it in the hospital, because there's a place for baby's foot- and handprints. If they still make this book in a few years, I'm going to buy it for our next baby.
ETA: 5-18-09 I am editting this review to let readers know that I am getting this for my 2nd baby. It seems to be the best of what I am looking for. The bible quotes (as some have mentioned) were not offensive to me at all. I am Jewish and actually didn't notice them all that much. They are written in small-ish text so they don't dominate the page.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love the frames that come with the book for pictures, I like each page and each saying. I was looking for a more Christian centered book and although this one wasn't what I... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Messer-Fmly
Simple yet thorough baby book that I've used for all of my kids!Published 1 month ago by DestinyVendetta
Very nice with lots of features, very popular, and our new mother loved it. :)Published 1 month ago by Sam Iam
A few of the glued envelopes on the pages were coming off. But other than that, great book and quality!Published 1 month ago by abdulbologna
I love this book! I have one for all my kids. I like how it has all the info you need, and a little extra. Not cheesy and plain. Covers all the bases in my opinion.Published 5 months ago by Carlita lolita
I just received this yesterday. I was a little nervous due to the reviews about it being so religious, but I decided to give it a shot. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Lauren Hernandez
The envelopes included are not high quality and the glue has lost its sticking power so will have to re-glue but beyond that it is perfect for this non-scrapbooker to know what to... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Whitney Jones
I bought this for a friend who lives several states from me and had it send directly to them.
They were extremely pleased and excited about all the features it includes. Read more