3-Year Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions after manufacturer's warranty expires
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Warm & Cool Mist Humidifier, TaoTronics 5.5L Ultrasonic Air Humidifiers for Home Bedroom Office with Filter, LED Display, External Humidity Sensor, 360°Rotatable Nozzle --(5.5L/1.45 Gallon, US 110V)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Perfect for modern homes & offices: stylish and economic in size, this ultrasonic humidifier is best suited for small areas like the bedroom, study, or the office
- Faster humidifying with warm mist: reach your desired humidity level 20% quicker than devices using only cool mist; features warm or cool mist with three different levels
- 6 user-friendly LED icons: communicates all the Essentials including heating, humidity, timer, and sleep mode
- Accurate humidity sensor: always know the exact humidity level so you can tailor the humidifier to better match your surroundings
- Filled with extra features: more than enough extra features including a 5.5L water tank, 360° rotatable nozzle, low water smart protection, and a handle for movability
There is a newer model of this item:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
If you're after control of the air in your home or office, look no further than the TaoTronics TT-AH007 Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier. A stylish modern design coupled with a small economic size means this humidifier matches any location you set it up in. Faster Humidifying Would you love to reach your desired humidity level faster? With warm mist you can reach it 20% faster than only using cool mist. Of course if you love to use cool mist, you can use that alongside three different mist levels for the right humidity wherever you place it. 6 User-friendly LED Icons Knowing what your humidifier is doing is important, that & rsquo;s why there are 6 user-friendly LED icons that let you know what's going on. From heating, humidity, timer, and sleep mode, you'll always know what your humidifier is doing. Press each of the icons to activate each feature, or to adjust the current misting level. Accurate Humidity Sensor Gone are the days of wondering what your surrounding humidity level is with a sensor that makes things as accurate as possible. Check the humidity so you know if you need to adjust the current level or keep it as is. Extra Features You Need Loaded with essential features you might not know you need: A huge 5.5L capacity for up to 16 hours of mist, a full 360 degree rotatable nozzle, low water smart protection so you know when it's time to refill the tank, and a handle to assist in moving the humidifier from room to room. What's In the Box 1 x TaoTronics Ultrasonic Humidifier (Model: TT-AH007) 1 x User Guide
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For these reasons, as well as my wife suffering from chronically dry eyes, I have often used a humidifier in the bedroom of our home at night to increase air moisture. We have both noticed improvements, with fewer problems from sore and irritated throats, sinuses, and eyes.
I had previously used a Hot Mist Humidifier, where water is heated to near boiling (212 degrees F) to provide steam to humidify the air. This TaoTronics humidifier offers the choice of cool mist (a number of degrees below room temperature), or warm mist (100 degrees F). I prefer a cool mist in the summer and a warm (or sometimes cool) mist during the winter.
The TaoTronics unit is simple to operate, and is much safer to use, especially if you have young children in your home. I used our old Hot Mist Humidifier in our home when we had small children in the house, and was always very careful, since the steam would burn, if a hand was placed near the humidifier. If you still have one of these old units, I would highly recommend that you dispose of it immediately, and purchase an Ultrasonic Humidifier. I have tried many humidifiers over the years, and several only recently, and this unit is the nicest that I have seen. It is also much cheaper to operate.
Hot mist humidifiers must heat the water to near boiling (212 degrees F) to produce the steam mist, and use 300 watts, or more, of power. This Ultrasonic Humidifier only uses just under 30 watts at maximum output in cool mist mode, and 106 watts at maximum output in warm mist mode (I measured the power). It can be operated for 10 hours in the maximum output (HIGH) cool mist mode for only about 4 cents worth of electricity. My old hot mist humidifier would use about 40 cents (10 times more) worth of electricity for about the same amount of humidification. This TaoTronics unit is much cheaper to operate, and will pay for itself fairly quickly if you often use a humidifier.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that this Ultrasonic Humidifier adds a significant amount of moisture to the air. My family room / kitchen area is over 600 square feet, and I was able to raise the humidity of this area from about 40% humidity to 55% humidity in 6 hours (Proper indoor humidity is about 40% to 60%). I believe this unit should properly humidify an area of up to 600 square feet, during the normally dry indoor air of winter.
This humidifier has a water of capacity of 1.45 gallons (5.5 liters). The tank has a flip up handle, and easily lifts upwards from the base of the unit for easy filling.
The unit will operate for almost 40 hours on the LOW humidity setting, 22 hours on the MEDIUM setting, and almost 16 hours on the HIGH setting in the cool mist mode, when starting with a full tank of water. When using the warm mist mode, water vapor will be added to the air about 20% faster than in the cool mist mode. This should give about 32 hours of operation on the LOW humidity setting, 17 hours on the MEDIUM setting, and about 12 hours on the HIGH setting when starting with a full tank of water (I did not check the warm mist times, but these numbers should be close). This is a considerable amount of water which can be added to the air in your house. The humidifier has a nice large LED digital display reading the current humidity in the room.
Things I liked about this TaoTronics Ultrasonic Humidifier are:
1) The six buttons on the base of the humidifier are touch sensitive buttons. This means no mechanical switches, and no moving parts. I have found that actual push button switches are often the first thing that causes problems with a product. The touch sensitive buttons should be much more reliable.
2) The humidifier is simple to operate. The ON/OFF button is pressed once to turn the unit on, and start the misting of the air. There are three mist output levels. The MAX/MIN button can then be pushed to change the mist setting from 1 (low) to 2 (medium) to 3 (high), and then to 1 (low) again with the next touch. This causes more mist to be emitted with each push of the MIN/MAX button. The unit is turned off with another push of the ON/OFF button.
If you prefer, a TIMER button can be pushed to set a timer (in one hour increments with each push, up to 12 hours), which turns the humidifier off after the set time has expired.
There is a SLEEP mode button which allows the humidifier to adjust mist output according to the surrounding humidity level to keep the environment comfortable for sleeping. The humidity is kept at a constant level, just like a thermostat keeps a room at a constant temperature. The unit will not emit any beeps in this mode, and the base and water level blue-violet light will turn off (quiet and dark for sleeping).
3) There is a HUMIDITY level button to control the percent humidity of the air. It is adjustable from 30% relative humidity to 75% in 5% increments. You simply push the button multiple times to step the humidity setting up 5% with each push, which is indicated on the digital display. When 75% is pushed, the unit will then go back to 30% (lowest setting) again. If the air humidity is lower than the setting you want, the humidifier turns on to moisturize the air, if it is higher than you want, the unit turns off. You can maintain a proper humidity for your home, without over saturating the air with moisture. This works exactly like a thermostat is used to control the temperature of the air in your home. The unit will shut off automatically when a low water level is reached, requiring the refilling of the humidifier tank to operate the unit again.
4) The unit is quiet. The room has to be fairly quiet to even hear the humidifier operate, and then only when close to the unit. The noise is pleasant, and not objectionable at all, just a barely noticeable small fan noise.
5) The mist produced is cool to the senses, and does not condense as water droplets on nearby objects at all, since the mist produced is cool. With my hot mist humidifier that I previously used, the steam produced would condense as moisture on nearby objects, just like warm air condenses as moisture on the outside of a cold drink glass.
6) The humidifier has a cleanable filter to clean the water of micro-organisms and minerals. It is easily cleanable by dipping the removable filter in white vinegar for 10 minutes, and then rinsing it clean under water. The filter is part of the screw-on cap for the water tank. I like the cleanable filter to lower operating costs.
7) The top of the humidifier can be rotated 360 degrees, so that the mist can be pointed in any direction from the humidifier.
8) There is a brush stored inside the humidifier that can be used to clean the unit when needed.
This TaoTronics Ultrasonics Humidifier seems to be solidly constructed, and high quality materials are used throughout. The design is well thought out, and the controls are intuitive, and are easily mastered with just a few minutes of use. The illustrated manual covers all of the functions and operation of the humidifier. I think the perfect use for this humidifier is in the bedroom, when sleeping at night. I also feel that this should be a very reliable unit.
The heater is a bit weak, don't expect to get hot steam like you would from a Vicks vaporizer, you'll get slightly warmer than room temp mist... but it comes out at a much faster rate than if the heater is off.
You're also going to get a little bit of water spilled each time you take the tank off for refilling as the water from the mist path all falls out when you lift the tank.
It has a bright blue light around the whole base and one small blue lights up the clear tank level window on the side. These can be shut-off by putting the unit in night mode, this will also dim the display on the front.
I leave this thing sit in my living room and I'm able to raise the humidity in the bedroom. I have it on auto mode at all times with the heater on. I never have to touch the settings and the only time I have to touch the unit is to refill it daily.
Original review: I was tired of buying expensive filters for my evaporative humidifier. I figured this would pay for itself. I was wrong. I wanted to love this, and it's a replacement for the first one that had a defective tank cap. But the fact is it's got a terrible design and another replacement won't help.
Pros: it's relatively efficient and whisper quiet. It doesn't cover everything with white dust. SunValleyTek has outstanding customer service.
Cons: 1. The unit base and the tank base have all kinds of areas that literally can't be reached for cleaning. It builds up orange slime on these areas in a day or two of use. I have tried to get into these tight spaces with kids' toothbrushes. They don't fit. Fingers don't fit. Nothing fits. You can see the slime but the best you can do is dip q-tips in vinegar and try and reach as much as you can. It's not enough. In two days after the most thorough cleaning I can do of the base and tank it starts to build up orange slime and within another day there's all kinds of floating crap in the water. It looks like a fish tank that has no filter and hasn't been cleaned in months. I'm convinced this is from a bad design that doesn't allow you to clean it properly. I don't mind cleaning it once a week, but you could clean this thing every day and still have this problem.
2. The touch controls don't always respond when touched. Sometimes I have to unplug and replug.
3. It beeps when it's out of water and keeps beeping. All night. This is not mentioned anywhere in the manual.
4. Answer to that is to set it in sleep mode, but sleep mode has a default of 70% humidity. Anybody who lives in a cold climate knows this is too much. Plus you'll run through the tank and have to refill twice a day if you do this.
5. The humidistat is in a really stupid location. It's on the cord only a few inches away from the tank. This causes it to be highly inaccurate. I rely on the one in my weather station. It's also subject to getting wet when you're trying to clean the base. I just did that and it took an entire day to dry out enough to get it to register less than 90% which meant I couldn't use the unit.
6. The obvious solution to the slime problem is to use either a liquid or cartridge inside the tank with something antibacterial and antifungal. Here's problem. besides filling your lungs with chemicals and the dangers of using anything antibacterial, the instructions clearly state not to use anything like that. Voiding the warranty is no longer an issue for me but I don't want to spend even more money trying to make a bad thing good if it's not going to work.
I'm sorry I bought this. It's past the window of return. I see no other option but to get rid of it and go back to filters.