In 1853, Dr. Humphreys became one of the leading homeopathic physicians in New York. His achievements included being chairman of the American institute of homeopathy's "bureau for the augmentation and improvement of the material medica" of the American institute of homeopathy. During this time he also helped to establish what came to be known as the New York state homeopathic medical society. In 1854, the Humphreys homeopathic medicine co. Was established (later incorporated under the name "Humphreys pharmacal") and began to market his namesake products, Humphreys homeopathic specifics. These preparations, along with dr. Humphreys' belief in natural healing, continue to be the basis for both their homeopathic and skincare products.