Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 12, 2017
Gabriel Garcia Marquez is always brilliant. His perspective on character is deep & developed. This was not an easy read for me. It took something to dig through such odd material, yet it did shine light on honest aspects of human sexuality and family life during the lifetime's span.
on October 13, 2014
So fabulous you will be shocked you've missed this literary gem if you haven't already read it.
Highly imaginative, beautiful, explosive, vibrates with the energy of a village told over 100 years in magical realism style.
A classic by Colombia's literary lion, Nobel laureate, and required reading for students in Colombia.

Treat yourself!
on March 15, 2016
i love this book, and the version that i got (i wanted a hard copy to replace my overread paperback from the 80's) is very nice. It doesnt have the character coffee stains from iquitos....but will hold up longer than i will.
on September 9, 2015
A rare read that infuriates, delights, surprises, and baffles....not for the faint hearted. The images are acid clear and brilliant, the mysticism and bizarre stories are confusing and blessed.....the book provides a chance to laugh, cry, shake one's head in puzzlement..........it never disappoints. May become exhausting (!)
on August 2, 2015
This is my first book read of Gabriel Garcia Marquez. And while I found it quite complex in the beginning, with all the names and family ties mixing among each other, the further I read, the more I loved the story, its characters and the way in which the story was told. A true masterpiece.
on May 20, 2014
I ordered the the as an homage to Marquez who I believe is 9ne of the greatest writer's of of time. I was most sadened to learn of his death. I have read this wonderful book in Spanish. It is best in that language because only that language can capture the true esence of the Buendia family of Mocado and the culture it represents.It is, nevertheless, a treasure in English. Don't fil to read it at some point in your journey as a reader.
Enthusiast: Coloringon September 25, 2015
this is a GREAT book. I read it a long time ago, so the details are a little cloudy but I remember it was fantastic and I remember feeling attached to the characters. I didn't want it to end! I do remember waiting for a few days before I finished it because it made me sad. It is one of those books that you won't want to give away but save to read again. I owned this YEARS ago, like 35 years! I was perusing through the books here on Amazon and when I saw it, I just HAD to ad it to my wanted list and I bought it soon after. NO ONE is getting this book! I used to loan my books out and now it seems all the GREAT books I allowed people to "borrow" were as beloved to my friends as well! I never have gotten them back, which is where this book went! I am really happy that I can find any book I want here at Amazon! It seems like anything I need is so easy to find here and easy to purchase, the shipping is free, and I normally get everything SO fast. I can't wait to get into 100 Years of Solitude! GET THIS BOOK!!! You will love it! I have been reading it and laughing out loud. I forgot that it's also funny. You won't be disappointed if you buy this book. UPDATE: As I read this book, I remember how very complex it is. You have to pay attention to the characters but it's worth it. I love it. Can't wait to buy more of his books!
4 helpful votes
on September 30, 2015
This book may be an acquired taste for some, but is definitely more rewarding for experienced readers.
on August 1, 2013
From Colombia, Garcia Marquez provides us with a great example on magical realism. The wealth of stories and detail, takes us travelling together with the autor to mystical and down to earth Macondo, the epicenter of the story that spans generations. If you value an interesting and rich reading, this book might be for you.
on February 14, 2017
An amazing book from the South American classics for mature readers that challenges typical perceptions of reality. You will find yourself double-taking often, but that just gets you even more engaged with the twisting plot.