Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 12, 2017
Gabriel Garcia Marquez is always brilliant. His perspective on character is deep & developed. This was not an easy read for me. It took something to dig through such odd material, yet it did shine light on honest aspects of human sexuality and family life during the lifetime's span.
on October 13, 2014
So fabulous you will be shocked you've missed this literary gem if you haven't already read it.
Highly imaginative, beautiful, explosive, vibrates with the energy of a village told over 100 years in magical realism style.
A classic by Colombia's literary lion, Nobel laureate, and required reading for students in Colombia.

Treat yourself!
on December 23, 2014
An amazing journey of one family throughout various generations.There is no story in the traditional sense of a novel.but more of a series of events related in almost journalistic style.
There are at times, to us, rather strange nonsensical events,like flying carpets, but these are perceived as guitar normal.It is this matter of factness which makes this book magical and out of the ordinary and more real than realistic.
Quite a long book with many characters but a truly unique reading experience, read and enjoy.
on March 15, 2016
i love this book, and the version that i got (i wanted a hard copy to replace my overread paperback from the 80's) is very nice. It doesnt have the character coffee stains from iquitos....but will hold up longer than i will.
on March 5, 2016
I read this book because a friend, who has similar taste, recommended it and because I had just finished a very interesting article about the author. It was a little hard to get into, but that could have been because I rarely read fiction. And until I got to "know" the characters it was a little difficult to keep everyone straight. After putting the book down I would find myself still thinking about the parts I had just read. It really gets more interesting as it goes on. I am almost finished with it and I will recommend to others.
on September 9, 2015
A rare read that infuriates, delights, surprises, and baffles....not for the faint hearted. The images are acid clear and brilliant, the mysticism and bizarre stories are confusing and blessed.....the book provides a chance to laugh, cry, shake one's head in puzzlement..........it never disappoints. May become exhausting (!)
on August 2, 2015
This is my first book read of Gabriel Garcia Marquez. And while I found it quite complex in the beginning, with all the names and family ties mixing among each other, the further I read, the more I loved the story, its characters and the way in which the story was told. A true masterpiece.
on May 20, 2014
I ordered the the as an homage to Marquez who I believe is 9ne of the greatest writer's of of time. I was most sadened to learn of his death. I have read this wonderful book in Spanish. It is best in that language because only that language can capture the true esence of the Buendia family of Mocado and the culture it represents.It is, nevertheless, a treasure in English. Don't fil to read it at some point in your journey as a reader.
on September 5, 2014
BOOK REVIEW: ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE BY GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ

Marquez through his simple but eloquent prose takes one on such a splendid journey of Beundias of Macondo, spanning over a hundred years from the days( when the world was so recent) only outsider visiting Maconda were Gypsies, curiousness of founding father Jose Arcodia Buendia aroused by Melquiades, the gypsy, who predicted the future of Buendias in Sanskrit parchment, Ursula, the matriarch, sans over for a century of self destructing Buendias, thirty-five wars of Colonel Aureliano Buendia and the endless list of Colonel's lineage of Aurelianos, from being a peaceful helmet to a prosperous Macondo, full of life and debauchery, rise and fall of Banana Company, all in the end swept away from face of the earth by biblical hurricane, leaves one exhausted, as if you have been through a hundred years journey alongwith Buendias, in the end you are left alone thinking, is life an inevitable oblivion?.......
Enthusiast: Coloringon September 25, 2015
this is a GREAT book. I read it a long time ago, so the details are a little cloudy but I remember it was fantastic and I remember feeling attached to the characters. I didn't want it to end! I do remember waiting for a few days before I finished it because it made me sad. It is one of those books that you won't want to give away but save to read again. I owned this YEARS ago, like 35 years! I was perusing through the books here on Amazon and when I saw it, I just HAD to ad it to my wanted list and I bought it soon after. NO ONE is getting this book! I used to loan my books out and now it seems all the GREAT books I allowed people to "borrow" were as beloved to my friends as well! I never have gotten them back, which is where this book went! I am really happy that I can find any book I want here at Amazon! It seems like anything I need is so easy to find here and easy to purchase, the shipping is free, and I normally get everything SO fast. I can't wait to get into 100 Years of Solitude! GET THIS BOOK!!! You will love it! I have been reading it and laughing out loud. I forgot that it's also funny. You won't be disappointed if you buy this book. UPDATE: As I read this book, I remember how very complex it is. You have to pay attention to the characters but it's worth it. I love it. Can't wait to buy more of his books!