Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 30, 2017
I started watching this on Amazon Prime and am now purchasing the DVD's. This show is great! Thomas Jane is wonderful in this role, very convincing and doesn't appear to view himself as God's gift to women even though he's very sexy! I read other reviews and am amazed that some people found this series offensive. Get a clue from the title and don't watch if that kind of programming offends you.The program is a little racy and certainly not for everyone, but it is well written ( in my opinion) and well done and the acting is great. Thomas Jane and the actress who portrays his pimp do a great job of making the characters likeable..... you can't help but root for them as they just try to make their lives a little better, but often get shot down. I did not care for the way the series ended and think it could have gone another season in order to have a more appropriate ending. All in all though, a very fun romp!
on May 12, 2017
I hadn't quite known what to expect from "Hung" when I had bought the first season. I was aware of actor Thomas Jane and his nice looking body from prior movies. He is hot with a great voice. This is a story of about 2 flawed individuals whose paths cross and their destinies become intertwined as they become pimp and whore. Each is trying to make it in the world, and each has a good heart. I could not help but root for these 2 as they face personal challenges and many roadblocks in their pursuit to provide for themselves in a chaotic world. Having Thomas Jane bare his nice ass periodically was a definite plus.
One person found this helpful
on August 15, 2015
I just continued to watch Season 2 and Season 3 because I enjoyed watching Season 1 of Hung. The storyline of Hung was centered on sex workers but it also incorporated humor, sadness, struggle, and determination in the lives of each of the characters which kept the episodes in each season interesting. Although the depiction of how bad the economy was in the Michigan was glossed over when the series was in production, the storyline did include how the economy affected the lives of workers in different industries including education. Getting to watch these HBO series have been great and I hope Amazon Prime continues to offer their members the opportunity to revisit cable network program series that they may have watched before or never had the opportunity to see.
Top Contributor: Pokémonon November 9, 2015
I was looking for a tv show to watch on Amazon Prime when I had some time, but not enough time to watch a full length movie. I came across Hung on the Prime list and gave it a shot.

After the first episode, I wasn't quite sure about it, definitely had the chance to go either way. After the second episode, it started to grow on me. Now I've made my way through most of the first season, and really liking it.

Tanya can be difficult to watch at times, but definitely the Jemma story line upped the enjoyment. I like the complimentary characters and the level to which they are developed.
on May 7, 2015
Had always wanted to see this series, but was on a cable station that I didn't get at the time. So when I ordered this series, I was excited to see what all the hubbub was about. I was not disappointed. Good storylines, funny and entertaining. I finished Season 1 and am moving on to Seasons 2 & 3, but haven't seen them yet. Looking forward to them. Arrived in perfect condition.
5 people found this helpful
on August 8, 2015
I started watching this on a whim, but have grown fond of it due to its characters. The protagonist is a very likable guy (at least after a few episodes) and you wind up rooting for him as he muddles through one tough break after the next. Juggling life with his children, a shallow ex-wife, the demands of teaching in an underfunded school, and trying to figure out the mysterious female mind makes for plenty of humor. His "pimp" is also a character that you wind up pulling for, wishing that she could somehow cross the line to join the haves instead of being solidly rooted in the camp of has-nots.
on September 3, 2015
I watched this in marathon fashion. A history teacher/coach turns gigolo to make money. It is interesting to see how he changes. This is a comedy as well and there are plenty of sticky situations related to his job and his professional life and family. Life always seems to throw him a curve ball. He finds that he has to sleep with women he's really not interested in. He has to learn to make women feel at ease. He is always trying to do what is right. His pimp is an interesting girl, who is somewhat socially inept. It is humorous to see how they must both learn to change to survive in the business.
on March 16, 2016
I'm 53 and laughed a bit embarrassed when I told my 27 year old daughter that I was watching Hung. I tried to explain that it was not all about sex. But I just probably sounded pathetic. Ha Ha. I enjoyed season 1 and watched the next 2 also. I especially like the woman who played Ray's pimp. She was funny. And someone I could relate to a bit.
Lenore is such a good villain to hate....the relationships between the key characters was very interesting to see develop.
Don't expect to see much dick. I think a saw 1/2 of one.
on May 18, 2016
A surprisingly well written entertaining diversion that deserves a review written better than the one you're reading now. Just don't go in with huge expectations, that was about the only pun you're going to find here, and you'll discover something slightly different than what you've probably seen. The topic may disturb some people, but really, this is about relationships and honestly that's what makes this series a pleasant surprise.
on August 21, 2016
I knew nothing at all about this show before I watched the first episode and in no time at all I was sucked right in. I love t he character development, the twists and turns of the story and am blown away by the end of each episode. I'm two episodes into season 2 and it just keeps getting better. It's a lot more than what you probably think, and well worth your time.