Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 524 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 904 reviews
on October 7, 2015
One of those documentaries that is almost depressing at first, but stick with it. I wonder if I would rate it differently if I wasn't already on the quest to eating healthier and loving myself from the inside out. I've struggled my whole life with body insecurities, crazy diets. Lose a lot of weight, gain it all back and then some. By gain and all back and then some I am not talking 25 pounds. I lost 99lbs in a year in 2007 and then gained 140 back (yes that WAS how unhealthy and awful my life was as a yo-yo) I got to a point where it was just too much. I was depressed, tired, and even when I *thought* I was eating right, I wasn't any happier.

I realized I needed a mindset change and I was ready. I read books and watched a variety of different documentaries. Hungry for Change was one of the dozen or so I've watched. it's also one I come back to. There are some really inspirational people here who have come a long way to loving themselves. If you're like me, then you could definitely use to love yourself a little bit more. Don't feel selfish. Just do it.
on March 2, 2016
Excellent movie! A must see! I used to be of the belief that if you eat right, you wouldn't need to take supplements but with mineral depletion from soil, pesticide use and fruits and veggies being picked way before they are ripe, the vitamin and nutrient content of fruits and veggies today, no longer pack the same nutrition power that they used to! Hence the need to eat organic. This movie brings a lot of important concerns to light.
on March 13, 2016
I downloaded this video to watch on a return flight from Denver to Alaska. I have been following some of the advice given in it for the past two weeks and feel better than I have felt for a long time. There is definately something to be said for eating real food instead of all the food like products containing chemicals most people aren't even aware of.
on November 26, 2015
Definitely a lot of good information in here. I appreciated that they featured some people who understand that we weren't all created via cookie-cutter, snd that a totally vegetarian or vegan diet won't apply to everyone. That being said the information on juicing and raw foods was particularly interesting to me and I plan on incorporating more of both into my diet. I know for myself how bad sugar is for me, and this was the perfect refresher course. The film moves along at a good pace though I could've done without the fictional story line. All in all there is a lot of good information here and it's presented in a very accessible manner.
on July 22, 2015
All docu-drama's tend to have a political slant so I tend to avoid them. This one seemed different to me so I watched it. I agree with them about the better eating leads to better living, so they are spot on in my opinion. And I appreciate them pointing out the things to avoid and how to know where those things are hidden (foods that contain them that you might not of thought much about). Overall, I was curious what they had to say from the start to the very end. Any docu-drama that can hold my attention for the entire film deserves credit. My only caution is do not grab a bag of chips and a soda while watching this. You'll understand why as the documentary unfolds.
on December 28, 2016
Excellent information! Sheds light on how what we are eating is making us sick and also the fattest nation in the world. The second half sheds light on how our bodies are producing more and more stress hormones and how deep sleep metabolizes these damaging effects. Visualization is discussed, self love, healthy habits. This was an excellent reminder for me as I start personal healing- mentally, emotionally, and physically. Sleep more, Exercise, Laugh more. Detox foods are discussed- Cilantro, Parsley, Spirolina, Chia Seeds, Aloe Vera etc. I love the doctors quote near the end when she discusses Self Love. She says, As a doctor, let me tell you what self love does. It improves your hearing, your eyesight, it lowers your blood pressure, increases pulmonary function, cardiac output..... if we had an epidemic of self love, then our health would go up and our health care costs would go down. Well worth the watch.
on February 4, 2015
It's so clinched... but this film will change your life... if you want it to, that is. I've made it a life mission to share this film and spread the word and it's really hard because there are so many jaded f-heads out there. So, bottom line is: if you're *not* super dumb and your mind *isn't* completely closed, then you will learn a thing or two from this great documentary. If you want to make a change and you're willing to consider the evidence from a less popular school of thought, then, this documentary can change your life for the better. If not? 0 out of whoever found this review helpful :P
on March 3, 2015
In a nutshell, this is a must see if you want to get healthy and or lose weight! AND IT'S NOT A DIET!!!! WOOHOO! I think many will find a part or two that doesn't fit their ideal of what should be done or not done in this film but overall it is solid information. My take is, if you can do any one of the things they speak of, you are on the right path; If you do all of them then I AM TRULY in awe!

Really it shouldn't be that hard... but sugar addicts living in a drug pusher world may struggle (as I have and do). Watch the video...here's to health!
on March 23, 2015
Well, I loved it!! I picked up lots of points about health and also inspiration. I immediately emailed it to loved ones to watch. I hope to watch it twice again so that I can remember the points that will help me in my journey to health and happiness. I really related to the point about stress and self-love. Being humans, we probably all need to work on that area. I wish my youngest son would watch it; he doesn't realize the danger of eating fried potatoes and man made processed food. I have improvements to make in all areas they touched upon.
on February 27, 2013
Even though I considered myself pretty well informed about the dangers of food additives, I found that I knew very little about the way our food is packaged and sold. This video is packed full of useful information and advice for anyone (like me) who wants the "truth and nothing but the truth" about the way our food is manipulated in order to save money and make sales. I think every consumer needs to watch this video or something like it. The experts tell us about their own mistakes as well as their successes and share great advice on how to lose weight and eat healthy. I bought this video on the advice of a friend of mine who has lost over 156 pounds and now I have begun my own journey. I am just beginning, but I know that now I am not living in the dark anymore regarding food consumption. When I shop I know what to look for and what to avoid. The companies that package food are not looking out for my best interests so I must be educated in order to make healthy choices.