Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 10, 2009
These 50 recipe cards appear to be favorite and/or top recipes from the Hungry Girl books and web site. I like them because sometimes I do not feel like keeping a cookbook in the kitchen just to read through a recipe while I cook. (Yes, I am a lazy cook I admit it.) I do love that these recipes are on heavy card stock and are large (5X7) and colorful. A picture of the finished recipe is on the front with nutritional information for a single serving. I wish she had included Weight Watchers points and Dietary Exchanges, but I guess there was not enough room. On the back of the card is a list of ingredients and cooking instructions.

The recipes are broken down into five categories with about 10 recipes in each:
1. Morning Makeover Madness
2. Chocolate Fixes and Sweet Treats
3. Fast Food and Restuarant Favorites
4. Around the World
5. Party Recipes and Crowd Pleasers

There is also a list of recommended products and Hungry Girl staples.

For those of you who have all the Hungry Girl books and get her newsletter regularly, you will probably want to skip this deck.

For someone who is just starting to changeover to a more healthy lifestyle or wants to see what Hungry Girl is all about, I would say this is a great recipe card deck to purchase. This also would make a great stocking stuffer, or a birthday gift with all the ingredients provided for one of the recipes.
38 helpful votes
39 helpful votes
on December 8, 2009
I own both Lisa Lillien's books "Hungry Girl" and "Hungry Girl 200 under 200". I have also preordered her next book, "Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet", which is set to be released March 30, 2010. If you havent yet, you should check out her website [...] and sign up for her newsletter. I love the books and her website. They have been a great addition that have helped me create new and exciting menu ideas on my Weight Watchers program.

I think these recipe cards are a cute addition to her collection although I am sad to say that the few that I have looked at are not *new* recipes. "Big Fat Blueberry Muffins" and "So Low Mein with Chicken" are recipes that are in her "HG 200 under 200" book. Also, the "Magical Low-Calorie Margarita", "Eggs Bene-Chick" and "HG's De-Pudged Pigs in a Blanket" as well as several others that I have picked up are from her first "Hungry Girl" book.

It will take me a little while to go through all 50 recipe cards to compare them to both her previous books, but so far, everyone that I have picked up have been in one or the other, which disappoints me, alot!

The recipe cards retail for [...], which I only paid [...] (Thank you Amazon). If they had been all new recipes they would have been well worth the full price! After giving this some thought,I am going to go ahead and give this product 5 stars because it is cute and is color coded, which makes it easy to flip through and find the cards you want, and there are three extra "note" cards that are helpful.(Hungry Girl Staples, Hungry Girl's Recommended Products, and Hungry Girl Chew the Right Thing".)

They are worth what I paid for them, but if all 50 are just repeated recipes that I already own from her first two books, and they look to be just that, then I would never have bought them.
66 helpful votes
67 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on July 25, 2017
Eh. Not all that great. The substitutes are not going to taste like the real thing. I'm sure some will be good, but they also take time ever to prepare. It's an OK book.
on February 10, 2010
I am not one for giving up my favorite foods. Me sacrificing tasty foods??? Until I got Diabetes, and High Blood Pressure, and High Chloresterol. I was forced to find a new way of cooking my favorite foods. Well, the Hungry Girl option was there to help me and it did. Am I upset that I can't eat the way I used to? Oh YESSSSS!!! But at least I can eat the same foods only preparing them differently with the help of this book and the rest in the Hungry Girl line of books. I give this book a thumbs up. Tracie Szakal
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on January 29, 2014
Again, fat-free, sugar-free, tofu, stuff like that. To me, it's fake food. I'd rather eat wholesome food, than eat man-made food that's supposed to taste like the real thing.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 12, 2010
Well when I ordered this I'm not sure if I knew it was a small box of cards or a cookbook (its the cards) but I'm so Very Glad I got this! This has so many tips and tricks and every card is a winner and I will be making all 50 of them! They are "ALL THE GOOD STUFF" and no fancy filler just exactly the kinds of foods I crave and so can't wait to test each one! The ingreadents are common for the most part and each card has a nice color photo of the food on it. The box is very sturdy and can fit in your purse (if you needed it to for some reason, I'm just saying) I'm very satisfied with my purchase and you should give it a try it really looks like a winner! If You were just starting a diet plan, as I am this would give me a huge boost in modivation since I see that I can eat "that kind of food" fudge, margarittia's, onion rings, pepper poppers... just to name a few. Really, she has some super savy tips that i would have never thought to try!
on April 22, 2010
These cards are adorable. Yes, they are redundant recipes from her first two books, but these are some of the best and easiest of the bunch and I like having them easily accessible. These would make a fun gift for someone watching their weight, too! I also like being able to grab a couple of cards and take them to the grocery store instead of having to make a list of ingredients from a book...Good job, Hungry Girl!
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on July 10, 2014
Handy handy HANDY! She's the best. Quick, simple and healthy. She makes it fun and she's adorable.
2 helpful votes
on June 24, 2010
In all honesty I thought I was getting a book and than when these showed up I didn't care that it wasn't a book. These come in handy and the recipes are wonderful. I have made many of them already and have been impressed. I would recommend this to anyone that just wants a card rather than a book-due to the fact that some books just don't want to stay open to the page you want it too. I love Hungry Girl's books and the recipes that she shares! It has made my life much easier, that is for sure.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on June 23, 2015
I just love these cards. They are so fast and easy. The cards are very informative and the food turns out awesome. I am so addicted to the HUNGRY GIRL line. So glad I bought these :-)
2 helpful votes